Saturday, September 22, 2007

Who'd Have Thought I'd Survive This Long?

Oooh, I'm getting close to my next milestone - 10,000 visitors (in around 6 months - plus a extra couple of days!). I've had such a good time with Lizzie's Home, and I have a whole bunch of good ideas stored away...somewhere...you guys have all been wonderful. Special thanks to Tina from Mummified Times Five (1) and Mummified Times Five (2) for all her help in teaching me how to revamp the blog. Something must have worked, because I can now - gasp! - embed my own things in my own code without having to run sobbing to her for help!

Speaking of which, I found a neat embeddable (is that a word?) music player for blogs today. I'm still undecided whether to put the playlist I made up here. I probably will, but only because it doesn't start automatically (ie, the reader needs to click on the player to launch it). I find the auto-start players on others' blogs to be kind of distracting, especially if I want to click to watch a YouTube clip embedded on the same site. What do you guys think? Feel like listening to a few of Lizzie's Favourite Tunes? They're predominantly Christian but there are a few (very appropriate) secular songs in there as well. The playlist is long - 45 songs - because that was a legal requirement of some type on the site where I found the player (you can read more info about it when I pop it up somewhere here). The playlist was painfully easy to set up, with a vast music library to choose from. It did take me a long time to pick the 45 songs though - another legal requirement sees that you can only have a maximum of 3 songs from each artist, but I think that's a bonus really - makes for good variety.

Leave a comment if you want to see a music player go up. Remember, it's NOT an auto-launch player so if you don't fancy listening to the songs on it, you don't have to!

Cheers,
Lizzie

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails