Friday, September 14, 2007

Kicking And Screaming


Well, it's official folks. This little red hen is forcing herself to go on a blogging break. And it is breaking my heart.

Oh, don't worry, the break will only last until Monday (17th), but I feel like I'm abandoning a child or something. Blogging is like a drug, I tell you.

Officially speaking, I might have about 2 ½ hours of battery power left on the laptop (it's currently plugged in, I'm totally cheating right now) but when I pack up tonight I'm boxing up the power adaptor and putting it in the most awkward storage spot I can find. I'd give it to Hubs to hide for me but no doubt after a weekend without a computer the house is going to be pretty clean, and at least some study done, so he might figure he's on to a good thing and neglect to give it back. And we totally don't want that. So I might get a teeny smidgeon of blogging in at some point tomorrow but once the power drains, that's it till Monday. Sob.

The ONLY REAL CONCERN I will allow myself to have this weekend is to finish that assignment. I may also cycle through a few loads of laundry, but no other housework. Although, studying while Hubs is at work and the kids are at home, isn't the most peaceful way to go about things. I expect to dish out a lot of bribes. A couple of days ago we went to our city's Royal Show (think like a really big State Fair, I guess - 8 days and over a million people through the gates) and the kids made out with a stash of showbags (thankfully purchased with their own money!). Consolidated, each kid ended up with a medium sackful of candy. They're either going to spend the days bouncing off the walls and therefore using up all their energy and needing constant naps, or collapse into a sugar coma - both options provide an eventual stretch of silence which will be rather advantageous given my present circumstances :P

(At this point you can totally tell I'm prattling on with the sole purpose of staying online as long as humanly possible, can't you?)

I've got like a bazillion things I want to achieve, both personally and around the home. I'm swooning over the early Christmas crafts in the current issue of Handmade today. I love looking at country craft magazines and projects. I just don't often get around to doing any of them! If you click on the link at the bottom of the page above, you'll see that the next issue is also all about Christmas crafts. Country Christmas crafts folks. My kind of magazine - all pretty and feminine. They don't have a lot of projects available on the website but honestly, this is the kind of magazine you're meant to curl up with over a cup of tea. Plus, the paper copy has the pattern sheets. This doesn't exactly help my overseas readers, who are in the majority, LOL, so my apologies! They do have some pretty desktop wallpapers for download though. Oh, and there's a simple metric-to-'everywhere else' (LOL) conversion table in the Recipes section (see the Bonus tab at the top). Any time I add a recipe on Lizzie's Home I give the 'everywhere else' conversions for you, but you never know when you might need it.

How I long for the days when I'm home all alone, the housework is done and the day is just screaming out for a craft project! As it stands now, if I have the time to craft, then I have the time to study, end of story. And I can't tell you how hard that hit when I was flicking through today's mag and mentally counting up about a dozen projects I'd dearly love to drown myself in!

Okay, that's it - I can't put it off any longer. See you Monday!

Cheers,
Lizzie

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails