Sunday, September 9, 2007

Bits & Pieces


Master J had a friend over this afternoon. This doesn't happen very often (through a combination of reasons, the least of which is that his disability often precludes close friendships). The boys had a ball, but gosh, were they loud, LOL.

I spent the early part of the day before the visit doing a little housework. I was rushing around a bit, which isn't the most relaxing way to spend a Sunday, but this was the first time this family was to visit our home and I wanted to make sure things were up to par. Meaning at the very least, the dishes were done, LOL.

I haven't done very well this week with the healthy eating plan. In actual fact, I was moderately okay for two days then fell on my face. I'm still trying to decide whether I have the extra energy and time I need to get my head in the right 'space' for this, or whether it's better to wait until I have a handle on more pressing matters, like study or housework. But then I think, no time will be the 'right' time. Sigh. Boofah just came to me bored because he couldn't figure out whether he wanted to build a block city or write a poem (yes, he's a born writer, and Mama couldn't be happier, LOL). Oh, if only all of life's decisions were that easy!

Tomorrow Boofah and Miss Moo return to school after a three day weekend and Daddy is working dayshift, so there'll be just J and I at home. Poppa is calling through to pick up some things at lunchtime but I'm hoping I can nail this last niggly assignment once and for all. It really has been a huge stumbling block and I know that once its out of the way I'll be better off, but I'm dragging my feet something shocking and that simple act of procrastination is filtering through into other areas. Every time I sit down to do a project of some sort I think to myself, if I have time for this, I have time to study. Twelve weeks to go folks. Twelve slow, agonizing weeks. Wish me luck.

I'm actually thinking I may have to go on a blog break, and it totally pains me to say that, but it sort of needs to happen. I'm fighting this with all my might though. I like the surge in page hits when I participate in carnivals and I don't like to miss those. Plus, I keep following links on others' blogrolls and wind up with ten new 'will keep an eye on these' blogs each time I work my way through my Favourite Blogs list. This is a problem. But its so hard to stop reading new blogs. My interests come and go and so do the blogs on my Favourites list, and I kind of figure there's no point to having a link on a blogroll when I no longer visit that site regularly (for whatever reason). And I continually come back to blogs I've previously deleted from my list just because I rediscover them through someone else's blog, LOL.

Well, I have a leg of lamb in the oven and I need to go and peel some spuds before I pass that critical Potato Insertion Point (everyone knows what I'm talking about, right? The point at which, if you miss it, by the time the roast is cooked the potatoes remain undercooked? Yes, I have entirely too much time on my hands...)

The funny thing is, at least two of the children will announce they don't like lamb the second they sit down at the table...

Cheers,
Lizzie

3 comments:

mummifiedx5 said...

Glad to hear that Master J's play date went well :)
I'll miss your posts if you take a blog break. I really enjoy reading them! But you need to do whats best for you, Lizzie. Now stop reading this and go finish that assignment!! LOL

Lizzie said...

LOL...

I have SUCH a long list of things I'll do when I finish this course, let me tell you...

Cheers,
Lizzie

Lori ~ The Simple Life at Home said...

Well, you need to do what you feel is best, but I personally hope you don't take a break. I enjoy your posts so much!

And IKWYM about finding new blogs. I could spend hours (that I really don't have)going from blog to blog. There's just not enough time in the day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails