Saturday, January 19, 2008

Smart Habits Saturday ~ January 19


So I'm a tad behind with my Smart Habits of late - to the tune of 4 ½ months! (*sheepish grin*) Fact of the matter is, none of my habits have been particularly smart during that time.

My Smart Habit this week reverts back to the perenial favourite, weight loss. Christmas was not a kind holiday to me - heck, who am I kidding? The whole year was pretty terrible, weight-wise. But I'm so sick and tired of making plans to eat better, getting motivated to exercise and everything else that could possibly pertain to the healthy lifestyle merry-go-round that all I'm going to commit to doing this week are the following:

* Find three new healthy recipes
* Get my head on straight (sucking motivation out of every available source, LOL!) for a brand new start on January 28th.
* Re-read (over and over and over, if need be) the book containing the plan I'll be following (and before anyone asks, yes, the plan is very realistic, plenty of protein, vegies, moderate carbs, 2pcs fruit and 3 serves dairy every day - including one small 'indulgence food'). I'll be paying particular attention to the exercise section.
* Get some tickers up in the sidebar for weight loss and exercise tracking (done!) to keep me accountable.

Why start on the 28th? Well, the new school year begins that week, so there'll be lots more time available for walks and non-embarrassing exercise DVD participation at home, LOL. And it gives me the next 9 or so days to psych myself up, find recipes and just generally PLAN a whole lot better than I've been doing in the past. And The Biggest Loser (Aussie version) begins on Feb 2 so watching that daily will certainly help with the motivation. Wish me luck!

For more Smart Habits Saturday participants, pop into The Lazy Organizer :)

Cheers,
Lizzie

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Sounds like you have a great plan of action. Have a great week!

imadramamama said...

I'm a member of a couple of different challenges if you are interested in participating.

The first is Tales From the Scales at talesfromthescales.net

And the other is a fitness challenge being hosted at Mom to 2 Vikings.

I've got buttons up on my blog if you want to take a look!

Christine said...

Oh girl, I hear you on the weight thing. This was a BAD year for my waist line as well. I like your goals though! For me, having a list or plan of action to follow, makes it so much more DOABLE for me. In fact, your list sounds pretty darn good! Maybe I'll just copy you! And if it doesn't bother you, could you share the name of the book? I am looking for a change of lifestyle that's not too radical you know?

Well good luck having a SMART week!

Robin said...

Sounds like you have a well thought out plan. I wish you well.

Lizzie said...

drama mama -

I've been a part of the TFTS challenges before, but I absolutely suck at sticking with them. It's like I get the button up in my sidebar and instantly cave, LOL. Are they having a new challenge soon? Isn't the LG 08 nearly over now? I guess I'd consider joining the next one...the community atmosphere DOES beat most other things you can find online...

Cheers,
Lizzie

Related Posts with Thumbnails