Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Someone Help This Widow Quick!


Here's an email I received at my Lizzie's Home email address today, verbatim:

Beloved In Christ,

Calvary greetings in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, I am Mrs Sophia George, a widow to Late Edward George, I am 79years old, I am now a new Christian convert,suffering from long time cancer of the breast.From all indications, my condition is serious and according to my doctor it is quite obvious that I may not survive the sickness,although as a christain I beleive God and I know that I will not die,I will live to declare the glory of God. My late husband and my only son were killed during a Crisis some years back and I am presently Leaving with some domestic staffers,Our Lord Jesus Christ is my comforter.

I have the sum of $15,000,000.(fifyteen million US Dollars)The fund is in cash, packaged in consignments deposited with a finance company for safety and security reasons Presently all the documents concerning the consignments are with my lawyer.Now that my sickness has gone to this stage,I am scared i might die any time therefore wish that the fund be used to the glory of God .This money is the procceed from the sale of properties and shares and physical cash i inherited from my late husband. I have prayed and I told God to direct me to an honest person who will receive this fund and utilise it for things that will glorify the name of God.

After my prayers,I searched the internet,I found your email address and I decided to contact you.Please if you are honest and faithful enough to use this fund strictly for the work of God,please your response is highly needed to enable my lawyer make arrangement with the finance company on how the consignments that contained the fund will be delivered/transfer to you.

Thanks and God bless you while waiting to hear from you.You can still write me through my alternate email address:
(address deleted by me)

Mrs Sophia George


How many of us have received emails like this? This is my first one - sent twice to the Lizzie's Home email actually, but one went through to the junk folder and one got to the inbox where I mistook it for a reader I was waiting on an email from. Opening it was probably a bit foolish in retrospect, but I'm posting it here because I'm sick to death of the whole shemozzle and I'm absolutely certain we're all going to get an email like it at some point, so be warned. And seriously, if you're in the extortion business, wouldn't your trade pick up just a little with a healthy dose of grammar and correct spelling? In my area not too long ago a poor man was sucked in to an 'African beauty' scam and lost a chunk of money flying over to meet this beauty - and then got himself kidnapped. His family then lost a large chunk of money paying his ransom. How totally crazy do people have to be to believe in emails like this one? Mind you, 'fifyteen' million dollars would sure come in handy, LOL...

I have a sneaking suspicion the Big Guy is kind of mad about it all too.

DELETE, DELETE, DELETE. Auughh.

(and if you haven't worked it out, the title is sarcastic with a capital S, LOL)

Cheers,
Lizzie

3 comments:

Thia said...

Want to know what is even crazier? It was probably a teenager that created that! Over in Africa, teens will go to cafe's that have computers and do these scams. They sit around wearing Rolex watches and laugh at Americans.
Once Upon A Time, I was in the banking industry and when I read about who is actually doing these things it was a surprise!

stacey said...

how funny! i did a post exactly like this one time! so glad i have a junk folder to delete all at once!

Anonymous said...

i get 4-5 every day. you can actually 'report as phishing scam' on some email providers.

Related Posts with Thumbnails