Monday, November 5, 2007

Kids' Bits

Graphics By Irene)

I have a secret...

When Daddy is working the afternoon shift and its just Mummy and the kids at home for dinner, sometimes we just chop up a whole bunch of stuff - fruit, crackers, cheese, kabana - and serve that up instead. We've dubbed it "Kids' Bits".


If you asked my children what their absolute favourite meal is, they'd say Kids' Bits. Every single time. They love it. I have no idea why. Perhaps for the novelty value? At any rate, it certainly makes my life easier after a long afternoon without Daddy around to help run off their energy!

Here's Boofah holding out his 'cracker pizza', LOL.


I personally love these nights because I end up being loved on by my children as though I'd allowed them to eat cotton candy for dinner. And its so easy its almost embarassing :)

Cheers,
Lizzie

1 comments:

Harriet Archer said...

We do a similar meal - except it's called "Cheese and Crackers" here - H has always been a bit of a pill about eating and when he went through his Wallace and Grommit phase, I asked him one night if he'd like Cheese and Crackers like Wallace and Grommit?

Well. Winner! So I added some strawberries, some other fruit, sultanas, dried apricots, ham and salami and two minute dinner that ALWAYS gets eaten up. Although sometimes I get a request for cheese and crackers with no cheese and no crackers... So it's not really a meal any non immediate family could prepare!

Related Posts with Thumbnails