Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Inside Lizzie's Home ~ Basic Daily Plans

Mary's Little Lamb Graphics)

Just popping in - I'm not really here, honest! - to let you know I've switched things around in the Routines, Schedules and Cleaning section in the right sidebar. I've included two PDFs of what I feel would be the absolute ideal way my day would go...if I could program the other members of the family (and myself) the way I just programmed the DVD player. Sigh.

Still, it's a dream.

A third 'Sunday' version will come soon - probably. Maybe even a 'No Holds Barred' School Holidays Version (basically, a blank sheet of paper, LOL). And no, this is not how life goes right-this-second but it's where I want to eventually end up. Most of the time I approximate the Routines and times and rarely actually refer back to the list during the day (seriously - if you need to check the list after each item to make sure you're 'on schedule'...well, that's a little loony!) But the benefits of having it all listed out this way are huge. The biggest one I've found is that it shows you that you have to be a careful manager of your time if you're going to get all the stuff you need and want to do slotted in somewhere. Perhaps give some stuff up - in the last twelve months I've given up over three-quarters of the television I used to watch, for example, and this has opened up my evening hours quite a bit.

When I first did my Basic Daily Plan a few months ago I made a list of the things I wanted to get sorted out, scheduling-wise. Top of the list was a regular time to study (*guffaw*), but I also had things like time to craft/do a project, a set time of the day for certain chores and time for exercise. For example, I knew that I had to schedule exercise before I tackled the housework or I'd never do it. And just this week I re-jigged it a little to incorporate blogging. Yeah, I know. I missed the bit in Proverbs 31 about "She shall blogeth much" too - perhaps this is what she's doing when her lamp isn't going out at night? LOL. I didn't want to give blogging up but I knew I had to set some guidelines or I'd be baby-sitting Google Reader all day. So I worked out that I have a small window of time while having my mid-morning cup of tea and snack to read blogs, some time while eating lunch to publish my own blog posts and a semi-large window in the evenings to actually compose posts. Being that I am (obviously) on Australian time (well one of them anyway...), a lot of the blog carnivals pop up around early afternoon for us (early morning for you) and you know how it is with Mr Linky - the closer you are to the top, the more likely people will read your post (hey, I'm guilty of this too - I just can't go through 100+ Menu Plan Monday posts each week, much as I'd like to). So from here on out I'll compose the 'next day' post the night before, my time (ie, Menu Plan Monday on Sunday night, Works For Me Wednesday on Tuesday night etc) and then it takes about four seconds to publish it when I check back during lunchtime on the relevant day (I can, of course, fiddle with the time post whatsit but this doesn't help the Mr Linky thing :) I'm still going to try (sigh) to go blog-free over the weekends, although I haven't been very successful lately.

Also, just to round off my INSANE WEEK, I managed to catch a cold. In early-thirties (celcius) weather - that's like 91ºF in 'other-side-of-the-world' speak. Who catches a cold in summer after managing to get through the entire winter (and much of the last two years straight) with nary a sniffle?

The one who is up to her eyeballs in study deadlines, that's who. I get it God. I amuse you, LOL.

Cheers
Lizzie

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails