Thursday, October 11, 2007

The Weird List

Graphics By Irene)

Reasons Why Lizzie Is Strange (Or, "Nutty Lizzie Things My Husband Laughs At"). Just for your amusement!

* I have issues with the dryness of my hands. If they get too dry and rub against something, the feeling it gives me is exactly like running fingernails over a chalkboard. I'm shivering just thinking about it. I must have 'grip' on my hands, so I have a tube of handcream on my kitchen bench at all times and apply it probably 5-6 times a day.

* I have a BIG issue with really small snakes. I read a passage in a book once which described something quite disturbing about small snakes and it has haunted me ever since. Boofah recentlly asked about how snakes' jaws open right out and though it pained me to do so, I 'google-imaged' "snake eating". I nearly vomited. Pretty much anything reptilean will do that to me.

* I'm slightly OCD when it comes to checking my purse on the way out the door. I have to physically focus on my keys, phone etc in order that I recognise I have them. If I'm talking to someone while I'm checking my bag, I have to re-check. I once left my credit card (we only have one, and it doubles as our debit card) at home and didn't discover this until I was on the other side of a supermarket checkout line. I blazed redder than skin is physically able to, mumbled something about having taken my card out of my purse to pay a bill over the phone, and asked them to put my groceries aside for twenty minutes while I walked all the way home and back again. So now I've added 'check credit card' to my list of purse craziness.

* I check the clasp of my bra strap - more than once! - before leaving the house. I once had a training bra with a wonky clasp come undone in an 8th grade English Studies class. Eighth grade boys? MERCILESS.

* I like banana sandwiches. Apparently, according to Hubs, this is strange. I think it's perfectly normal!

* I'll ask Hubs' for more insights into Lizzie's World tonight, LOL.

**Update**

* Just thought of another one. I can't put the 'L' earbud in my right ear or vice versa. It's just wrong...somehow.

Cheers,
Lizzie

7 comments:

mummifiedx5 said...

Interesting!

And there's nothing wrong with banana sandwiches!

Thia said...

What goes on your banana sandwhich? Yesterday I had peanut butter, banana's and honey between two slices of potato bread. YUM~!

Lizzie said...

Oh you didn't ruin that wonderful bananary (?? LOL) flavour with anything ELSE did you? LOL.

Nope, for me, it's straight out banana (not mashed, ew...sliced) on a little margarine and if the banana is slightly underripe and I'm desperate, I'll sprinkle like a quarter of a teaspoon of sugar on top. I know - obviously my food habits are not up to scratch! LOL. But in my defence I have 1 ½ tsp of sugar in each of my cups of tea 2-3 times a day so a little extra sugar *occasionally* sprinkled in the *occasional* banana sandwich ain't gonna do much :P

My earliest memories of eating this was as a young teenager - it was something my mother did. And yes, it probably grossed me out then but then I tried it and loved it. Funnily enough...I just discovered a few weeks ago that I don't actually *mind* the pickles in burgers. Or capsicum in salads (both discovered while eating a Subway salad :) Who'd have though? Weird, LOL.

Cheers,
Lizzie

lightening said...

Mmmmm....it's been years since I've had a banana sandwich!!!!

Precious_1 said...

I love banana sandwiches!! And apple sandwiches and apple/banana and cheese on toast then grilled so the cheese melts! Or Bacon/banana and cheeze melts! yum Banana is a great breaky/brunch/lunch food!

Scattered Mom said...

1. I like raspberry jam and chedder cheese on toast.

2. I can't tie my shoes (at least not like most people)

3. Mechanical noise is really distracting and I find it hard to hear anyone talking when it's whirring in the background

4. I think moths are gross.

:P

Lizzie said...

Scattered Mom - LOL. Hubs thinks I'm weird because I tie my shoes differently to the way he was taught. He does the 'two rabbit ears' thing and I, apparently, do it 'wrong'. This isn't even the funniest bit. He now insists that I teach the kids the 'right' way to tie shoes because learning my way will put them at a disadvantage!

Also, (but this is a DH thing, not mine), DH can't be in a room without something electronic on. So even if he doesn't like what's on TV, he'll switch it on. We recently bought a super-dooper flatscreen monitor for the computer with an inbuilt TV card. He thinks its just FANTASTIC. He can have the big TV on and then sit across the room on the PC with a 'window' open to the SAME CHANNEL and hear the SAME SHOW in stereo! Or, if he wants to change the channel, he won't get up, but he'll load up the TV whatsit on the PC and switch between channels there while at the same time doing his Secret Men's Business on the 'puter! (we have an open plan living area - sort of a rough square divided into quarters - kitchen, TV area, computer area and dining table).

Oh, and I have issues with birds. I don't like unpredictable animals and birds are 'jittery' and fast, LOL.

Cheers,
Lizzie

Related Posts with Thumbnails