Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Lizzie's Link Love ~ October 30

Graphics By Irene)

I love this part of my week :) The ladies I come across online are just filled to the brim with all sorts of bloggity goodness and I routinely bookmark posts as I read through. Now, because Lizzie's Link Love is a new thing, for the next couple of weeks it is likely that I'll include some older posts and equally likely that some will be from sites that you've already read. If I showcase them here though, it's because they truly deserve the extra attention. Enjoy!

Parlor Mentality by Laine of Laine's Letters fame. Most of us are familiar with Laine's writings, which are totally on the money. The getting up early part? Hmmm, let me get back to you on that one :)

Your Next Quiet Time by Kerry at An Help Meet For Him. I've been called to examine myself very, very closely with each new post Kerry writes, but this one in particular gives such a lovely (and perhaps confronting? LOL) meditation.

A Word About Priorities by Camilla over at Growing In Truth. This post has been linked to numerous times, I'm sure, but it is such a simple, practical and obvious way to go about getting your ducks in a row. Even secular readers will glean something from this one.

My Child Is Not A Freak by Scattered Mom at Notes From The Cookie Jar. If you have a special needs child, this is required reading, especially if you're dealing with multiple learning disabilities. Scattered Mom tells it frankly and honestly, and so many of the situations she describes are ones that I've lived myself.

GOYB Challenge - Daddy Down Time by SAHMmy Says. Totally true. Every word. Hubs works a rotating roster so on any given day he's either had to get up early, work late, or (due to the nature of his job), deal with lots of mental and physical punishment (no, not from his employer! LOL). We've always given him a little informal space when he walks in the door at night/afternoon but we're really starting to institute it as rock-solid time now after reading SAHMmy's post.

Transforming by Sara at Walk Slowly, Live Wildly. This is one of the best break-it-down descriptions I've read of the Proverbs 31 woman. Highly recommend it, though it is a few months old. What can I say? I move slowly, LOL.

Isn't Bloggityville just a wonderful resource? I mean, it can also be a distraction to those not great with their time management skills (cough-me-cough), but the amount of fantastic information, posts, Mommy Bloggers and just general stuff out there in Bloggityville astounds me. I can't even remember time online before pitching a tent (blog) back in March, LOL.

Enjoy your reading :)

Cheers,
Lizzie

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails