Monday, October 29, 2007

Menu Plan Monday ~ October 29


It's Rip Recipes Out Of Magazines Week in Lizzie's Home! I have a whole stack of food magazines I'm purging but before I do that, I'm going through each one and removing the recipes I think I may use one day. If they work, they get typed up 'proper' and included in our Family Cookbook. If they don't work, into the bin they go :) I'm not following my usual "If It's Monday" pattern here. Just slotting things in as they fit.

Monday
Lasagna
(wedges, salad - I keep meaning to make this and keep forgetting, LOL)

Tuesday
Home-Crumbed Chicken Schnitzel
(coleslaw, mashed potato)

Wednesday
Oven Baked Fritatta
(salad)

Thursday
Chicken BLT Salad

Friday
Fridge & Freezer Fare
(leftovers)

Saturday
Chicken & Tarragon Pie

Sunday
Homemade Pizza


Baking This Week
(desserts, lunchboxes, snacks)

Chocolate Pecan Scrolls
Choc-Caramel Ravioli
Lemon Cake (from box - hey, it was on sale!)
Blueberry Muffins (from box - ditto)

Hubs is home for every night for dinner this week, but with a week of very early mornings. So he'll be very tired of an afternoon after work and will be looking forward to a nice meal. This week I'll be making more of an effort to have dinner on the table on time and to set that table properly. We've been a bit lacking in that area of late.

For more Menu Plan Monday participants, visit I'm An Organizing Junkie :)

Happy cooking folks!

Cheers,
Lizzie

14 comments:

An Ordinary Mom said...

Great menu! I really need to better organize all of my floating around recipes. Thanks for the inspiration!

Jenny said...

Awesome menu!! The frittata sounds delish. I need to start breaking out of my comfort zone and start trying new recipes!
Next week....hopefully!!
Have a great week!
:)

Maggie said...

I' working on organizing recipes in a family cookbook too! Good luck and have a great week!

Natalie said...

I hope you find some yummy recipes!

Nicole said...

Great menu! Yeah, I wanted to buy a few magazines today to look for recipes, but when I saw one of them was $10!!!! I changed my mind. LOL

And Miles To Go... said...

I love the sounds of that BLT salad!! YUM. have a great week.

And Miles To Go... said...

such an organized and delicious plan!

Heather said...

your menu looks great. Have a great week.

Precious_1 said...

Looks great! Enjoy your week!

Theresa said...

Like your rip out menu plan- the chicken BLT sounds very good.

MrsMomma said...

Great menu! Have a wonderful week!

Kim said...

yummy looking week! (especially that oven baked fritatta) I started a recipe organizing project the other day also but got side tracked. It sure makes planning easier when everything is in one place and you know they are all tried and true!
Happy Monday--
*smiles*
Kim

Rona's Home Page said...

It's fun to look through the food magazines for dinner ideas.

Kerri said...

The chicken BLT sounds great. Do you mind sharing the recipe?

Kerri

Related Posts with Thumbnails