Saturday, October 27, 2007

Once Upon A Time In Lizzie Land...

Hi. My name is Lizzie. The shots above are both me. The first one is how I look today. I tried to plump myself up a smidgeon more on the My Virtual Model whatsit (now that's depressing!) to get it as close as possible to how I look now but I found that some of the clothing included in the program ceased to fit. So, in case you were wondering, it is entirely possible to still be humiliated without even going near a dressing room or trying on a stitch of real clothing, LOL.

The second image is Goal Lizzie. It's also High School Lizzie, aka Eleven-Years-And-Three-Babies-Ago-Lizzie. And you know, as much as reaching my goal weight (60 kgs or around 133 lbs - healthy for my height of 5'3") would delight me and restore my faith in life in general, I must admit, that cute little bag I'm holding is looking rather attractive as well. And you can be certain that I'm gonna go out and buy me a new bag if I ever revisit that golden era. I was going to dress myself in a stunning spaghetti-strapped red little formal dress because it looked so pretty on the screen and is so far from anything I've ever worn in like, my entire life, but in the end I decided to stick to the reality. And that is, I'm a jeans and casual tee kind of gal. Year round. Even now, as we head into an Aussie summer, I'm clinging fast to the denim.

Gosh that picture really is suck-in-the-stomach enducing, huh? Auuugh. And also, notice how Current Lizzie has forgotten her shoes. Probably kicked off at the front door like usual, LOL.

I've put these shots (and some front view ones) in the sidebar right under my Weight Loss section. As a reminder to myself. Would you believe I actually have a folder somewhere in the bowels of my computer whose sole purpose is to house Fat Photos? Or is that Phat Photos? No, definitely the former. Anyway, I don't really enjoy having my photo taken (I know! Amazing! Who'd have thunk it?) but the few that manage to slip past me (the ones I eventually bribe the photographers to hand over, that is) get tucked away into this folder to serve as motivators. Or, you know, depressers. At any rate, they exist.

And here's a story to warm the cockles of your heart. Three or so years ago, I was fed up with my rising weight - at 69 kgs people! 69!!! (that's 152 lbs to my American friends) - so I actually donned a sports bra and my best set of undies and HAD HUBS TAKE PHOTOS OF MY BODY FROM ALL ANGLES, making sure to cut my head out of each shot so that I could deny ownership of said atrocities if so prompted later on. Yeah, they weren't pretty. But a very neat example of how one shouldn't 'look a gift horse in the mouth'. To be in the sixties again....sigh. And there's just no way on this side of Heaven that I'm ever going to repeat the process. Hubs asked me last night how much I weighed and I couldn't bring myself to tell him. It probably doesn't help that he weighs what I want to weigh. He did have to help me with the Photoshop-splicey-whatchamacallit with the pictures though, so he saw, in all my cyber glory, the stark difference between Current Lizzie and High School Lizzie.

To his credit, he said nary a word, LOL.

Cheers,
Lizzie

1 comments:

teachingmum1970 said...

Well done on braving the Virtual model thing Lizzie. I should brave it as well!

Related Posts with Thumbnails