Monday, August 20, 2007

A Stitch In Time

(design courtesy of www.sewterific.com/basketbonnets)

In a fit of creativity, I've decided to give redwork embroidery a go.

My MIL is here for a visit this week (hence the lack of posts, sorry!) and at my request she brought down some of her embroidery patterns, which will be perfect for redwork. I spent about ten minutes practicing colonial knots, but apart from that, redwork is so self-explanatory even I'd have trouble mucking it up, LOL. I've gotten quite excited about some of the designs MIL had and can totally see myself curling up on the couch of an evening, stitching away :) It's been a long time since I've felt craft-inclined!

We've had a good weekend. Today Hubs, his mum and I went to our local mega-hardware store and picked up a few things, and I got a little daisy bush to plant in our garden. Seeing how good it looks in the ground, I think I'm going to have to appeal to Hubs to get a few more. It's a cute little pink variety. This week is showing a hint of the spring weather to come, so prime planting weather in my area. I want to find some English lavender but the pickings at the garden centre adjacent the hardware store were slim today.

Tomorrow the three of us are heading into the city to go to a large outlet shopping centre and Ikea. We have a small shopping list of things to look out for.

No Menu Plan Monday post this week - I'm eating out of the fridge and pantry and doing a bit of a hodge-podge of meals while MIL is here. Also, with the new blog design, I'm still trying to work out how to link directly to a post, rather than my home page (if you drag the cursor over this post heading, you'll notice you can't click to bring it up on a separate page). Even though I use Blogger and there's an option in the settings to allow you to bring the post up in a new window, I haven't yet figured out if switching to an Old Blogger format messed with that. I could link directly to my home page in the meantime but I'd rather not :)

I haven't had much of a chance to add new stuff to the sidebars this weekend, but toward the end of the week I hope to have everything all finished.

Hope everyone's weekend was lovely!

Cheers,
Lizzie

3 comments:

mummifiedx5 said...

Hi Lizzie,
Sounds like you're having a great weekend :)
In regards to direct linking to a post, at the bottom of your post where it says "written at 4.29PM by Lizzie"? If you click on that it will give you a permanent link to that particular post.
Cheers~

Lizzie said...

Oh yay! Thanks for that!

Cheers,
Lizzie

Winterwood said...

lizzie - enjoy your DMIL's visit...and I like that red stiching, another new thing learn via the internet!

Related Posts with Thumbnails