Monday, August 27, 2007

Menu Plan Monday ~ August 27


Back in the saddle this week! Last week my MIL was down for a visit and I was knee deep in HTML :)

Monday ~ Spaghetti Bolognaise (garlic bread)
Tuesday ~ Parmesan Crumbed Chicken with Sweet Chilli Mayo (never got around to making this from two weeks ago, with mini roast potatoes, broccoli and carrots)
Wednesday ~ Oven Baked Frittata
Thursday
~ Chunky Shepherd's Pie (vegies)
Friday ~ Bacon & Egg Tarts (new recipe, with salad)
Saturday ~ Marinated Chicken
(yet to settle on a marinade! Plus potato and bacon hash browns, vegies)
Sunday ~ Takeaway!
(we alternate Pizza and Takeaway on Sundays)

From here on out I'm adding a baking session to my weekly menu post. Generally speaking, I bake on Sundays in preparation for the school week ahead, but that's just a loose guide. If I feel the urge to pick up the spatula ahead of time, I do.

Baking

Anzac Biscuits (Cookies)
Fudge Brownies
Scones (will have these for afternoon tea one day, with jam and cream)
Apple Pie (will have this for dessert one evening, probably Saturday - we don't normally 'do' dessert, so it will be a treat)

This week Hubs is home for dinner every day, so I try to make it a more pleasant experience than the nights that the kids and I just kind of shuffle to the table, LOL. The table is set, thought goes into side dishes (in a way that I often don't bother with when it's just me and the kids) and every now and then, we'll have a special dessert.

Pleasant cooking everyone!

Cheers,
Lizzie

11 comments:

Theresa said...

Yummy! I'll be over for Saturday's dinner. *smile*

I love your blog layout. It is so easy to navigate. Did you create it yourself? If so, lovely job.

Blessings,
Theresa

Theresa said...

Oh I forgot to leave a link to my home on the web.

www.gracelikerain.typepad.com

mummifiedx5 said...

Your menu looks yum, Lizzie!

Oh and I "borrowed" your idea of putting all the blog carnival buttons in the sidebar of my blog. Hope you don't mind! :)

Lizzie said...

Theresa -

I sort of did it myself and sort of didn't, LOL. Tina (see below, she also commented today) from Mummified Times Five helped me a LOT. Like six times a day for a week. I'd leave her little notes via Messenger for her to find when she logged in next. I still do that! LOL.

I absolutely, 100% could not have made it look the way it did without Tina's help. The funny thing is, now I know a teeny bit of HTML I find it great fun to tweak. Did you ever drop in at the old blog? (That was only, like, 2-3w ago, LOL). WORLD of difference. Thanks for noticing, by the way - its lovely to get some feedback!

Cheers,
Lizzie

Lizzie said...

Tina -

I don't mind...I probably 'stole' the idea from somewhere else myself! It's pretty common.

Cheers,
Lizzie

Jennifer said...

Your menu looks great. And I LOVE your new look. It's making me want to hang out and check things out! I think I'll add you to my bloglines so I'll be sure to come back when I have some more time!

Have a fantabulous day!

Christi said...

Everything sounds great!

Have a great week!

Mama said...

wow - loving the look of your blog. any chance you'll share the recipe for bacon and egg tarts? sounds so good! anything with bacon is a Mister-pleaser.

And Miles To Go... said...

your menu this week sounds so delicious!! Have a wonderful Monday.

Lorie said...

Sounds good!

Lizzie said...

Life as a Mama -

Can you give me until the weekend to post the recipe? It's on the menu for Friday night and that way I can add a review of sorts :) Otherwise, I'd be happy to email you the recipe if you contact me via the address at the top of the page. I haven't tried them yet, LOL. Be warned!

Cheers,
Lizzie

Related Posts with Thumbnails