Thursday, August 9, 2007

Ouch....and Stuff


Good morning all! Today's plan of attack is as follows:

* Pray, pray, pray for the elimination of this vice-grip headache that has been a permanent fixture of my day for near on two weeks now. Don't worry, this is normal for me, especially in the last half of The Month :P Hormones suck!

* Crank up the stereo. I'm home ALONE today. ALONE PEOPLE. As in, with NOBODY ELSE HERE. This happens so rarely I'm a bit beside myself. A couple of months ago I was looking to buy one of those desktop speaker sets for my iPod and was grumbling about having to fork over $100+ from my own personal stash - until Hubs, technical wizard that he is, showed me a $17 cord in a store that connects the iPod to our surround-sound system via the socket you normally plug the earphones into. Woohoo! Not only did it cost me pocket change (comparatively speaking) but the sound is awesome and I don't have to bother burning CDs anymore.

* I should probably put on some laundry.

* I should also probably whip round the house and neaten up a bit.

* There's something in a pot in oven. I put it in there 'temporarily' last night when I ran out of bench space and forgot about it when I was doing the dishes later. Ick.

* I need to ring my course co-ordinator. She was meant to get back to me last week in regards to one of my assignments and never did. Sheesh.

* I will study. I WILL. Stop laughing.

* I've got an article brewing in my head that I want to get down in note form by the time the weekend is over. Then slap it all together, add punctuation, and post it.

* Try out my new laminator. Each time I do a new version of the kids' chore charts (or anything else that requires laminating) I have to wait for the next time Errands Day rolls around and have it laminated at the newsagents for $2 a sheet! Figured it was worth the money in the long run (about $25) to have my own.

And that's plenty, thanks!

P.S. Oh, and in the process of including all those links below, I've come to the conclusion that I may have just done a great many people (okay, the five of you who actually read the blog!) a bit of a disservice. My Favourites folder on the computer currently holds 45 blogs. A pittance for some of you out there who use Bloglines, but I can barely keep up with ten or fifteen. All that wasted time! I'm seriously considering deleting the below post and just keeping the 'top ten' list. If you're one of the people who have featured prominently on my blogroll for a while, don't take your removal to heart :) I know I personally get so distracted when I'm online and following a Bloggity Brick Road and lose whole chunks of my already busy day. I'd hate to be the cause of that for you, too! Just now, I sat down for 'five minutes' to check my email and now my cup of tea is cold and I've forgotten what I was doing before! 'Nuff said!

Cheers,
Lizzie

4 comments:

In_His_Grip said...

Hi Lizzie!
I found you on Clothesline Ally was was so excited to see another Aussie!!

So I had to come and say hi, I love your blog btw!
Please come visit my corner of the web anytime!
http://orrhome.blogspot.com

Blessings
Amy

Kez said...

lol at 'Bloggity Brick Road' - I was following one of those the other night and managed to waste quite a bit of time :) Wonderful time-waster the internet :)

Lizzie said...

LOL...that it is!

I have to start being more selective with my time online though, because of that. It's waaaay too easy to neglect the home when glorious adventures are just a click away :P

Cheers,
Lizzie

Lori ~ The Simple Life at Home said...

Hope your headache goes away (hormones - UGH!!) and that you enjoy your day alone. What a dream!

Related Posts with Thumbnails