Saturday, August 25, 2007

Laundry...And A Bonus

Saturday mornings are busy around here.

I have a mound of laundry to do, as I slacked off a bit during the week due to other priorities. The whole house needs a once-over, and at some point the kids and I are walking to the library/small suburban shopping centre to run some errands.

I'm slowly adding things back to the sidebars, though it is taking me a bit longer than I anticipated :) All this adding via HTML takes ages! Although I must admit, what initially scared me witless (ie, poking around in the HTML box) now illicits more of an 'eh' response, so I must be getting better at it :P And I love how I can make things look exactly as I want them to look

We got a lovely surprise a couple of days ago. My sister, who was/is the executor of my mother's will, called to let us know that we'd be getting another $400-$500 within about the next month or so - something to do with being able to claim back part of the tax we'd paid on the payout of her superannuation (retirement fund). It's tax time here in Australia and we usually get a combination of payments via our tax return and other government payments - all of which we've already designated a purpose, LOL. But that extra few hundred dollars from my mother's estate pretty much means the difference between being able to replace the couches we're (literally) taking to the dump this weekend, or buying beanbags for the loungeroom. Which, you know, doesn't really fit in with the whole 'parlor' idea I was going for in there :)

Well, I'm off to reboot laundry - joy!

Cheers,
Lizzie

(clipart © www.cutecolors.com)

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails