Friday, January 2, 2009

Quick Poll ~ How Many Is Too Many In Google Reader?

I 300% double-heart Google Reader. Really. I especially love the fact that I can log on anywhere and catch up with my blog reading - which I couldn’t do if everything was simply ‘favourited’ in my browser.

But I have a compulsion.

It started with a simple click through to a blog someone else recommended. Then came the blog carnivals and wanting to see what everyone else contributed. Then I found I really liked what these other bloggers were talking about, so I began reading them regularly. And each one of them links to other blogs which similarly catch (and generally keep) my interest. Then came the ‘recommended feeds’ Google so lovingly saw fit to bring to my attention. I regularly snaffle up new subscriptions from that.

This morning I checked and I am currently following 158 blogs and sites.

No, I don’t read them all every day. I read the headlines every day. Another good reason to make your headings super interesting :)

But geez…158? Even I think that’s a tad excessive.

How many subscriptions do you keep at any given time in Google Reader or Bloglines? Do you have a cut off point, some arbitrary figure at which you start to hyperventilate and go on a clean-out spree? What criteria do you hold to in order to retain one blog over the next?

Thoughts to ponder…

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails