Friday, February 29, 2008

Help Lizzie Out

Posting here has been a bit thin on the ground, hasn't it? I do apologize for that. I just can't seem to get my mojo going at the moment. I desperately need a blog fast in order to catch up on some housework. Thankfully that opportunity may very well present itself in the next couple of days.

Today I'm doing something a little different. The autism association in my state contacted me a couple of weeks ago and asked if I would be willing to have my name put down on a list for participants in a new 'caregiver mum' study done by a large city hospital. I said yes and was contacted last week by one of the researchers. The study involves filling out an extremely detailed diary of a 24 hour period, midnight to midnight, in 5 minute increments. The aim is to guage what amount of time, and at what intensity, my role as an 'autism carer' comes down to.

I have to be completely honest when I'm jotting down what I'm doing, so a big ol' chunk of 'computer time' is going to look rather conspicuous smack in the middle of the day, LOL, but I'm happy to help. For my trouble and time, I'm being paid $30, which is a nice little bonus.

I think by the end of the day I'll be a little surprised at how many different things I do get done and how long they take. The morning routine, for example, is second nature to me now - so much so that I hardly register I'm doing it. Yet writing it all down this morning really showed that I'm working harder than I would have thought :)

And now, a competition! There are no prizes. Just kudos, LOL.

I need to come up with a tagline for when the blog switches over to Wordpress. Okay, I don't need one, but I want one. Obviously the title itself will be "Lizzie's Home" but I need something in a subheader that exemplifies what this blog is all about - something that reflects 'home'. I've tried scouring my entire iPod playlist for an 'aha!' string of lyrics, tried looking on quote sites, tried coming up with something myself. I have a working subheader in mind but am open to (many more) suggestions. The only requirement (apart from the above) is that it be on the shorter side. No three sentence quotes. Humour is okay. Poignancy too. Not sappiness. Quirkiness okay, saccharin-sweetness not so much. If someone comes up with a spectacular example there may be a little something coming in the post (*wink*)

So Bloggityville residents, how would you describe Lizzie's Home?

P.S. I know I haven't been participating in my scheduled posts and I seem to have moved away somewhat from the 'homemaker' side of things in recent times. I have a whole notebook full of ideas for posts but I've been purposely holding back on those because of the whole new blog/fresh start thing. Rest assured once the admin is worked out on the new site (I've got my fingers crossed for a workable blog by the time the Ultimate Blog Party starts on the 7th), there'll be lots of homemaking stuff. So many ideas....

Cheers,
Lizzie

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails