Sunday, February 3, 2008

Meme Madness ~ Music

I came across a neat little music meme on Enjoy The Journey and I'm in the mood for something a little lighter today, just like Lindsey, so here goes.

On my iPod - my 'sixth' child, after the three real ones, then the dishwasher and my laptop, LOL - I have playlists such as Walking, Romantic, Mellow, Country Rock and various artist-specific ones. I usually don't so much get the urge to listen to a particular artist, as I do to a particular style of music. For example, the songs in the Walking playlist are all jumpy and upbeat - great housework songs, by the way - and those in the Country Rock playlist help me heal when my cat gets run over by my best friend's boyfriend.....I'm kidding! LOL.

Disclaimer: I make no apologies for my very obvious weepy music taste! If you scroll right down to the bottom of the page, you'll see a glimpse of the types of movies I enjoy. 'Nuff said! Also, this is the list today. Next week it could be an entirely different list :P

***********************************************************************

The song that makes me want to sing: Mine All Mine (SheDaisy - from the Sweet Home Alabama soundtrack). I can trill with the best of 'em baby!

The song that makes me smile: Mr Mom (Lonestar) Oh, this one cracks me up every single time! It's also a great vacuuming song, LOL.

My chill out song: Crazy Love (Aaron Neville - from the Phenomenon soundtrack). I can imagine husband, wine and good food being a part of a night with this song. Of course, Hubs' tastes run a little less - ahem - mainstream, LOL.

The song that makes me want to dance: Depends on what kind of dancing! I've never been much of a dancer but certain songs appeal because of their beats, hence Superstar (Jamelia)

Favorite song for the kids: The kids have moved past that 'Wiggles' stage and on to 'real' music, so this one is a bit more tricky. They do go absolutely nuts for anything on the Shrek/other children's movie soundtracks though, including Accidentally In Love (Counting Crows), I Like To Move It (Madagascar soundtrack) and Master J does a mean rendition of I Need A Hero (Jennifer Saunders/Fairy Godmother from Shrek 2) which always has us in stitches. This is the same kid who is currently in hog-heaven now that this show is on TV :)

The song that moves me and makes me think: I can't narrow this down, so here are a few. I Can Only Imagine (Mercy Me), Love Alone (Caedmon's Call), Carried To The Table (Leeland), and For The Love Of A Woman (Martina McBride). I always see Dick and Rick Hoyt when I hear I Can Only Imagine because of this. *Sniffle!*

The song I feel guilty liking: Anything For You (Lee Harding). Lee was one of the Top 12 in Australian Idol a few years back. His career was short lived. But this song just can't seem to get off my iPod. Something about the beat I think. Yeah, that's the story I'll go with...

The song that makes me think of my parents: We played Fly (Celine Dion) at Mum's funeral in May '06 :( Dad is a Vietnam veteran and there's an iconic Australian song called I Was Only Nineteen (Redgum) which has become the unofficial 'anthem' for Australian Vietnam veterans over the last couple of decades.

The song that makes me think of my hubby: Our wedding song, I'll Always Be Right There (Bryan Adams). But not just any version. No, it has to be from the Unplugged album (hence live and acoustic :) I walked down the 'aisle' (down some steps and around the corner of an old winery) to this song. Sigh.

The song that always makes me cry and smile at the same time: Gosh, this one is hard. It's probably a tie between In My Daughter's Eyes (Martina McBride) and There Goes My Life (Kenny Chesney) *sniff, sniff*

The song you'd be most surprised to find on my iPod: I have a whole playlist dedicated to the - shhhhhh! - Backstreet Boys. Any one of those songs pretty much scoops the pool, LOL.

The song with the most awesome beat: Say It Right (Nelly Furtado). Makes me want to belly dance! Also, Something Beautiful (Newsboys) has a really fun, upbeat tune - great for walking :)

The song I could listen to while driving coast-to-coast with the top down: Coast to coast (at least east to west coast) in Australia is a really, really long way, LOL. You'd have to play something iconically Aussie, like Touch or Take Me Back (both Noiseworks). I didn't really get into music until it was the nineties (pre-teen through to the end of teens for me) so this was just a tad before my time (*wink*) but when a song is done right it can surpass normal age boundaries, LOL. Plus I had older siblings, so...

Favorite song from a movie: I'm such a sap. I 'overdid' the movie Jerry Maguire when it first came out in, what was it? 1996 or 1997? Anyway, I loved it to death at the time and now I can't stand it. But Secret Garden (Bruce Springsteen) is just lovely :) And most of the contemporary romantic comedies down at the bottom of this page have a corresponding song on my iPod too...

What would be my workout song if I actually worked out: They're very 'Good Charlotte/Simple Plan' but I don't mind me a bit of Dance Inside (All-American Rejects). There are heaps of songs that overlap in my collection though - 'coolest beat' and 'makes me want to dance' songs totally fit into this category as well. Although I call them Housework Songs, LOL.

My favorite "fun" song that is really just a stupid song: I get a giggle out of the kids' favourites from the Dreamworks/Disney/Pixar flicks. I Like To Move It is hilarious when you imagine a lemur singing it!

The song I want at my funeral: Hubs thinks it is totally morbid that I have one several of these! The Scientist (Coldplay) and In The Arms Of An Angel (Sarah McLachlan) are the two main ones, but then there are probably a dozen others that I want to 'leave' for my kids as special messages. In My Daughter's Eyes and There Goes My Life are two of them (see above) but I also have I Hope You Dance (Lee Ann Womack) and I'm Already There (Lonestar) on my list.

My love makin' song: Ahem. Nothing very obvious - anything that puts me in a romantic mood!

*******************************************************************

Oh, that was fun - finding the songs on the computer and having me a little concert right here at the dining room table, LOL.

Hat tip to Lindsey - and pass the meme around folks!

Cheers,
Lizzie

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails