Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Lizzie's Link Love ~ February 12


Good morning Bloggityville!

Lots of awesomeness this week. Let's get stuck into it, in no particular order.

Cindy's Porch ~ If you haven't yet discovered this site, you simply must. Must, I tell you! It has parallels to Flylady but concentrates on home finances, saving money, emergency funds and so on. You can sign up for emails, similar to Flylady, but instead of 15 or 20 daily reminders you might get one email every day or two. Always financially relevant (Sidenote: I believe Cindy used to work with Flylady several years ago but branched out on her own - you'll notice several similarities, including frequent acronym use, LOL)

A Strong Man With Deep Convictions ~ by Mrs Julie Fink from Living By Grace. What a beautiful and devoted description! And I stumbled across it at just the right moment, too.

MapMyRun ~ I think this was posted on another site and I just followed the link. It's worth revisiting it though. Though aimed at runners, walkers like me will find something useful here too. Members of the public can map out run routes, submit them and then folks like me down here in Australia (or anywhere else for that matter), can type in something like 'New York' and a big long list of different routes pops up on screen. Isn't that cool? I found one near me (won't post that one though). You can also view these in Google Earth, keep fitness logs - even info on shoe mileage. Okay, so I'm no runner, but I thought this was neat for the bird's eye view of any number of fictional walking tracks I could set up. I could 'walk' a three mile track in the Mall in Washington DC right from the comfort of my local neighborhood :P Of course, I haven't a clue what the mall in DC actually looks like, but hey, I could be walking it!

A Job Chart That Actually Works ~ MeckMom is a gal after my own heart. I love her charts and organising ideas! This one is especially ingenius. If you haven't yet discovered this site, spend time browsing the archives. I ♥ MeckMom :P

MomsMenu ~ a family cooking recipe database and tips/articles archive. Real food. Not, you know, braised artichoke hearts in a balsamic-glazed truffle sauce. Blech. Unless you like that kind of food. In which case, power to you. Me? Not so much. I need all the family-friendly recipes my hard drive will hold.

And to finish:

This is just plain weird. Or sad. Or sick. I can't decide which. Kind of falls into this category for me. Which in turn reminds me of the whole Angelina Jolie/vial of blood thing. Shudder.

Cheers,
Lizzie

2 comments:

Mrs. Julie Fink said...

Hi Lizzie,

Thanks for the "link". I'm so glad I found you too! Have a great day.

Blessings,
Julie

Debbie said...

Great links!

The pencils... ummm, no. too bizarre.

Related Posts with Thumbnails