Monday, February 4, 2008

You Know You're Unfit When...


You start sweating before you've even taken the cellophane off the new exercise DVD!

I bought this DVD before Christmas on an impulse. I promptly stuck it in my drawer where it continued to mock me whenever I reached for the unmentionables. I finally got sick of the smug look on Miss Freytag's face so I put her little torture device into the DVD player.

This is NOT a hard workout. But Oh. My. Goodness.

I'd came prepared. I had on my industrial-strength sports bra, plus a sporty crop top. Those babies were strapped in. I waited until everyone had left for work or school. And then I procrastinated for an hour with the cover mocking me from the bench. And then I just did it.

I'm more than a little unfit, sure. I'll own that. And the sight of me prancing about our loungeroom would have been a surefire YouTube classic. By the third or fourth circuit (there are six 'circuits' in all, each lasting around 6 mins, hence the 3, 2, 1 thing) I was staring longingly for the door leading to the kitchen...and all the food...saliva forming at the corner of my mouth :P

And my feet! They simply would not co-operate. Box steps? Shashaying? Yeah right!

But I kept going. And when my glutes were screaming for mercy and I was bathed in a river of sweat, the workout ended and I curled up in the fetal position on the loungeroom floor and shook violently.

As workouts go, it was actually very easy - I'm just horribly out of practice and naturally unco-ordinated, LOL. The instructor's had two 'helpers', one of whom did low-intensity beginners modifications of all the routines and one that did high-intensity. So that was a nice touch. And though the instructor was ridiculously buff (in a nice, girly way), she was at least better in the sincerity stakes than a lot of other exercise workouts I've watched.

But the most important thing? I exercised.

And I didn't die, LOL.

Cheers,
Lizzie

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails