Thursday, February 21, 2008

Outgrowin' The Digs


Okay, so I've decided to move on over to Wordpress. Everybody keeps telling me Wordpress is superior to Blogger, that you can do more. We'll see. I'm hoping to have at least something workable up by March 21st, my one-year Bloggiversary. I mean, I'd love to have something new to show off for The Ultimate Blog Party which launces on March 7th but I suspect that may be pushing things slightly.

At the moment I am having fun trying to create my own custom header. I thought I'd get the cool stuff out of the way first, then worry about whether stuff, you know, actually works. Oh, the joys of switching. Groan.

Hands up - who's on Wordpress? Anyone want to stand in as my mentor while I make the switch? As I'm currently working Lizzie's Home via Old Blogger (I used a template generator, which does not operate with New Blogger), I'm used to moving things around and changing the sidebars directly in the HTML code editor itself, rather than via a click-and-drag editor such as New Blogger, but I have no idea how this knowledge will help (or hinder!) me with Wordpress, LOL.

Advice (what you wish you'd known before you switched, tips and tricks, etc) GRATEFULLY accepted and publicly acknowledged, LOL.

Cheers,
Lizzie

(Graphics credit Amreta's Graphic Corner)

2 comments:

Scattered Mom said...

I went over and checked out wordpress, and it does look quite nice. I'm very interested in what people say, because I just might switch myself.

A Juggling Mum said...

Once again Lizzie, it seems you and I are on the same page :) Just yesterday I was searching for Wordpress templates. I decided that if I found one I loved I would jump on over to them, but I was very annoyed that after 1 hour of surfing I found nothing to tempt me. So for the moment I am staying with blogger while I decide whether or not to pay someone to design a template for me to use in Wordpress. I'm looking forward to hearing more about your adventure :)

Rachel xxx

Related Posts with Thumbnails