Saturday, April 11, 2009

So Waiting On The Easter Egg Thing Was A Bad Idea

I'm an idiot.

Why on earth did I think there'd be ANY Easter eggs left on the shelves the afternoon before Easter Sunday? Um, only the fact that I know without a shadow of a doubt that come Tuesday (when shops re-open down here after the public holidays tomorrow and Monday) there will be a whole section of 50% off eggs. If I didn't know any better, I'd swear the retailers took lots off the shelves on purpose today so they'd have lots to sell (at deep discount, but whatever) on Tuesday. I was only in these same stores on Thursday and everything was stocked to the ceiling. Auuugh!

So I did what any enterprising mother would do - I faked it.

At the supermarket tonight I grabbed all manner of treats (most not related to Easter at all, but the kids won't notice) and a three wine gift bags (minus the wine) and when all's said and done, I'll have an awesome little giftbag for each of the kids.

Mother ingenuity? Tick!

But remind me next year to get in early, 'kay? The crowds were HORRIBLE today.

2 comments:

River said...

Did you shop at Coles? Because we don't do that. (empty the shelves)
I shopped on saturday morning, at Norwood, and there were plenty of eggs left on the shelves. If your local store removed them to take advantage of discount shoppers, you should speak to the manager.

Lizzie (admin) said...

I didn't get so far as to check the Coles at that particular shopping centre. I did try the Woolies there, as well as Kmart and Big W, plus the Woolies near home - nothin'. Don't know why I didn't think to check Coles, LOL.

Related Posts with Thumbnails