Saturday, April 25, 2009

Dear Big Man Upstairs

Thankyou for getting us home safely today, despite nearly drowning from the downpour you sent down just as we got into the car. This is on top of the near-constant rain since Thursday. We're in a drought down here, so every drop counts. But you know that already.

While we're on the subject of weather, how about we dial down the sun about twenty degrees at the height of summer? Awesome. Looking forward to swanning about town in a sweater next February instead of wringing the sweat out of my hair. Honestly, we melt down here. We're closer to Antarctica than most of the world, so what's up with that?

Also thankyou for the dog who, after a two hour car ride, a two hour nap when we got home (and, for that matter, a two hour nap before we left), relieved himself on floor. Apparently six hours is about all Charlie's bladder can hold. Good to know. But this floor of mine hasn't been so clean (from all the repeated mopping up of wee) in years. Are you trying to tell me something? You sneaky deity you!

Thankyou for alerting me to the fact that my mother-in-law owns the same brand of sewing machine I'm looking to purchase. Hers is a much better model, of course, with a whizz-bang touch screen and more stitches than is decent, but I can deal with that. We benefit from her quilts anyway.

Thankyou for prompting us to arrive at KFC (don't judge me! We've been away!) at precisely the time the line exploded and the trainee started work.

Thankyou for pimples at age 29-years-and-7-months. Way to go on the humility front.

Thankyou for giving Talented Hubby a matching pimple. Makes me feel a little better, given that he's 31 and all.

Thankyou also for not giving me the beard TH has to cover his up.

Thankyou for the golden ray of sunshine you sent down on Talented Hubby's ebay auctions today - you know, the ones that just netted him an amount equal to my Dream Sewing Machine Fund (which will take me a year to save) - in one swoop. Thankyou for patience and sweet-spiritedness, which I'm trying really, really hard to exercise today.

(Seriously though, thankyou for the photography talent that earned him the money to purchase the then-new cameras that he just sold, and the even-newer camera a few weeks ago. For all my grumbling, I'm very, very proud of TH :)

Thankyou for ebay Turbo Lister. But please make it easier to use next time, 'kay?

Thankyou for double-ended clothes pegs. Just because.

Amen.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

double ended clothespins? WANT.

Lizzie (admin) said...

LOL...I'll put it in your next parcel, 'kay?

River said...

I'll ditto the dial down the temperature request. I'm so sick of being sticky and hot. I'm really enjoying this rain we're having.
L? Hah! When we were waiting for rain he complained because others got it and we didn't. Now he's complaining that it's still raining or raining again. Can't make his mind up, that one.

Related Posts with Thumbnails