Thursday, April 2, 2009

Coming To You Live From My Loungeroom

Well okay, not live. I'm twenty paces south of my loungeroom presently, at the dining table, bloggin' away. Soon to be leaving to pick up the kids.

Cleaning the clutter out of the loungeroom today. A joyless job, but something that needs to be done nonetheless. Have eleventy-two thousand recipe magazines as well as at least twice that many Better Homes & Gardens - will have to do something about that eventually (r-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-p) but for now they're residing in several cheap cardboard magazine holders. Least they look neater now.

I am in a decorating mood and can't do anything about it, which is exceedingly frustrating. Small hiccup re Ikea furniture. Still love the pieces I picked out, still working out how to cross ALL the t's and dot ALL the i's but with any luck, still do-able. I also want to paint. Every room in the house, but only one wall in each. I got me a thing for 'feature walls' this week. Sick of looking at cream walls. I blame the internet for that.

Ever have a day when you feel like just standing in the middle of the room and screaming and screaming because by gosh, someone better hear what you're trying to say or you'll go stark raving mad?

Yup.

On a completely unrelated note, strawberry YoGo tastes wrong, all wrong.

You may return to your regularly scheduled programs now.

2 comments:

River said...

If I had a car and knew how to drive I'd take all those Better Homes and Gardens off your hands. I love ripping out the pages with ideas that will fit whatever dream home I'm currently planning and making a complete folder.
Cream walls? I have them too, but I'm renting and can't paint. I'm thinking the landlord probably wouldn't mind as long as I chose something tasteful, but I'm wishing for COLOUR, plus hubby is totally against it, because, you know, we might suddenly (i.e.tomorrow) be asked/told to move out, then we'd have to pay for repainting....

Sarah said...

we cant do feature walls in this house... they look incredibly stupid with picture rails. so we have co-ordinated wall-&-picture-rail instead.

Related Posts with Thumbnails