Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Fascinating, I Know

Auuugh. I've started this post a hundred times already and it pretty much boils down to the same thing each time I've tried - nothing interesting has happened at Lizzie's Home (the real one) in days. Therefore, I will NOT be posting about the following trivialities:
  • The dog, who continues to eat socks (although we fixed his little red wagon by getting the shoe cabinet/cupboard/chest of drawers thingamajig - thwarting his plans to have a side order of Doc Martens with his white cotton anklets).

  • The last-minute trip to the inlaws' place, which was almost going to be that same day but which I managed to get an extra day's grace over. We can therefore take clean clothes instead of dirty ones. Chalk one up to the Be Better Prepared, Darn It! side.

  • The family trip into the city yesterday, because I'm still recovering from All The Crazy. Both from my kids AND from the city-dwellers. It's official. I'm a suburbanite for life (interestingly, Jay and Moo saw their first homeless person. He pulled a tent out of some bushes in front of the art gallery where we were waiting for Daddy, hoisted a stripey bag over his shoulders (Aussies - you know? The ones that are in all the cheapie shops?) and off he wandered. The kids didn't ask, and I didn't elaborate. I did, however, 'take a few moments' for the man in question).

  • The fact that I made the most awesome pizza ever on Sunday night and I had the foresight to make a LOT extra - enough for everyone to have their fill for that dinner and two days' worth of lunches afterward. Sure, buying the ingredients costs twice what a 2 x $5 Pizza Hut special would but I get a kick out of the from-scratch dough working the way it should. I know - I'm a cheap date, LOL.

  • That I took a SALAD ON A PICNIC. When everyone else was eating cold, delicious-smelling pizza. I even used one of those fancy-schmancy Tupperware thingies with the inserts to keep the wet stuff wet and the crisp stuff crisp. AND I boiled an egg. AND I took my own dressing (okay, so I also ate a small piece of pizza, but in my defence it was homemade and I had already been rather virtuous, so...)

  • The thirty-six podcasts I just downloaded. I adore my iPod, LOL.

  • Or the fact that I'm having a 'wet cement' kind of day - you know, when no matter how hard you try your feet still seem to be stuck in place and you get nowhere, fast?
Adequate sleep should help with the posting soon enough, LOL...

3 comments:

River said...

Can't you foil the sock-eating dog by keeping the dirty socks in a lidded basket, or by putting the laundry basket up higher than he can reach, then putting the clean dry socks in drawers straight away? Surely he can't open drawers?

mommyof4munchkins said...

what podcast do you like to listen too? I am always looking for new, good podcasts! I love my iPod too!!

Lizzie (admin) said...

River - LOL, yes, that's the idea. Unfortunately the kids have a habit of shucking their shoes and socks at the door - the cupboard fixed the shoe problem but for some reason they dump their socks any old place and Charlie still manages to hunt them out. We're training the kids as much as we're training the dog at the moment!

Mommy - At the moment, I've got a few different ones stuck in my Google Reader. Doing it this way alerts me when a new podcast has gone up, and I prefer it to auto-downloading from iTunes because sometimes you want to cherry-pick the good stuff (if you subscribe to a podcast via iTunes it just downloads everything no matter what). Currently listening to Wrestling With The Basics (out of AM 850 KFUO), Mars Hill, Mark Driscoll (same place, two different subs in Google Reader), and Riverview church here in Australia (they have different RSS feeds for reg podcasts, accelerate (more intense stuff) and women's messages, so I do all three :)

I haven't had a chance lately to download so today's mass download session is about a month and a half's worth of stuff :)

I can try to find you the exact URL's to plug into Google Reader if you like?

Related Posts with Thumbnails