Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Full Of Bloggy Love

You know, it's the easiest thing in the world to forget that 'faceless' bloggers are people too. And that they might actually, you know, do normal people things, like genuinely care about the people around them. Or, as the case may be, people not around them.

Last night, in a fit of insomnia half a world away, a blogger wrote a post. She wrote it to the world at large, because the subject matter was weighing heavily on her soul. It struck her in the middle of the night (or whenever her 'night' is in relation to my 'day') and something prompted her to head to the computer. She wavered in her resolve to hit 'Publish'.

I'm so incredibly glad she did.

Because when my night (and quite possibly, her 'day' - I forget how it works out) rolled around, and I couldn't sleep (partly self-inflicted, partly kid-inflicted), I logged on to Google Reader. And read The Post. And immediately commented on it. Because I seriously, honestly, believed I was meant to read it.

The blogger in question - she knows who she is - is a true treasure.

I'm off for the next couple of days on a family trip. There'll be lots of time for personal reflection. My iPod is loaded up with appropriate music and podcasts to facillitate this, and I'll probably have lots to say on this subject when I get back See you in a bit!

1 comments:

River said...

I find it interesting how the universe so often directs us to where we're most needed just at the right moment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails