Saturday, April 11, 2009

Last Minute? It's What I Do Best

It's Easter Saturday and like any procrastinator worth her salt, I am yet to buy a scrap of chocolate. Not that we go nuts on that score anyway, but we do make up a little basket or gift bag for each of the kids, to be 'discovered' on Easter Sunday.

Waiting until the last minute serves two purposes. First, it removes the temptation from my perspective! Having easy access to many delectable treats is BAD - and if I know its in the house, the chocolate bunny's days are limited. And also, many stores today are heavily discounting their Easter goodies (nothing like the half-off sales that will hit from Tuesday onward, but still). So off I go today.

The Passion of the Christ is on tonight as well but the TV execs must have assumed its appeal has waned somewhat because it's not being screened until 11:40 pm and won't end till 2:10 am. Good grief. I watched it all the way through for the first time last year and loved it, so I was looking forward to it again this year. Yeah, I could go and rent it, but everyone else would have the same idea and most stores only carry the one copy of this five-year-old movie anymore so I'd probably miss out this weekend :) Is it strange that I intend buying snacks and snuggling my way through the film on the couch? It'll be nice :)

Happy Easter everyone :)

2 comments:

River said...

The Tuesday cut prices are great if you celebrate Greek Easter as lots of my customers do. They snap up twice as much for half the price. I'm thinking of doing it next year. (of course I said the same thing last year...)

Lizzie (admin) said...

Agreed. Still, 'Easter' chocolate is ridiculously overpriced in general. You get far more value from a few blocks of Dairy Milk.

Pity the kids don't see it that way!

Related Posts with Thumbnails