Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Cozy Shoebox Swap ~ Finally!


Okay, so I'm forty-seven different kinds of late with my wrap-up to the Cozy Swap. My swap partner, Jenny, knows that I got the parcel (although, understandably, our swap took a little longer than the 'within US' swaps did, even though we both posted by the November 10th deadline) and that I loved it. I suspect by now she also realises I suffer from a severe form of December-itis, LOL Here are the links to the box I sent her: here and here. They arrived right around Thanksgiving I think and her box to me arrived around the same time down here - I'm so sorry this has taken me so long to post about this Jen!

Jen's shoebox for me was awesome. So, without further ado, here's the stash in all it's delightful glory:


Oh, and that candle Jen? AWESOME. I want more. I'm totally serious, I would ship these down to Australia. I was/am a big fan of Time & Again's wax squares for oil burners but the two shops in my area which have sold them in the past informed me in the last month or so that there were problems getting enough stock into Australia and that they wouldn't be able to do it for a while, if ever. I made Hubs do an ebay search, I was that desperate. This gorgeous little handmade soy candle totally solved that problem AND - this is the best part! - the scent is DEE-licious. How did you know I liked Sweet Pea? Did I tell you that in the initial email? I can't remember! Also, I don't know how this works, but the scent is also faintly reminiscent of pine which, of course, is so cool at this time of the year. I actually lit it for the first time two days ago (I didn't want to spoil it, LOL) and my first thought was "Woah, this smells like Christmas!" I know - strange, but absolutely perfect :) This was one of my favourite parts to the box - seriously, go check out Debbie King's website Cottage Hill Soaps. I've had this little 8 oz jar burning non-stop since Monday and the soy wax has held up great. In case you're wondering, I'm not earning a commission! I just love them that much.

See this?


Jenny and I both tried hard to pop in something unique to our area and this disc ornament made me smile. I, of course, got to insert the requisite Vegemite, LOL (BTW Jen, did you taste it yet?) Here's the ornament in pride of place on our tree:


Jen, I haven't tried this next thing, but the smell was heavenly when I opened the package:


It's a herb neck roll that you can heat in the microwave or cool in the freezer. I may have mentioned once or twice or eleventy-three times that I suffer from headaches. Is it sad that I want a migraine to test this puppy out? LOL. Great timing though, because in the New Year I'm (sigh sigh sigh) going to have a red-hot go at drastically reducing the amount of sugar and junk in my diet and I know the sugar withdrawal headaches will be FIERCE. I did already have a homemade heat pillow which my MIL gave me to put in my hospital bag when I had my daughter - who turns 6 in a week, LOL - but it was threadbare and stinky. Again, another example of perfect timing!

This next thing, I'm not so sure about. I can't figure out whether to be happy or exasperated with this scrumptious cheesecake recipe. Must make this BEFORE the New Year! Darn you resolutions!


And it goes on! Here's a cute little chicken notebook! And I'm still excited! I may use this for jotting down recipes. I have a thing for brand-new stationery so I may just leave it on my kitchen bench and stare at it for a while, LOL. Also, kudos for choosing spiral-bound!


Now I'm assuming Jenny doesn't think my feet smell (LOL) but this one is greatly appreciated anyway - though the shoebox swap's theme was 'cozy', it's anything but cozy weather at the moment where I am. It's sandal weather. Hence footsie-pampering stuff being a very good idea after a season or two stuffed inside sneakers!


This swap was the first I'd ever participated in and it was just wonderful. I began emailing Jenny while we collected stuff to send and I've found an awesome friend. I love hearing about Pennsylvania and the moose thing? Here's the Aussie equivalent:


Thanks again Jen! And if you want to see some of the other swappers (you know, the ones who actually posted within a day or two of receiving their boxes!), check out With All That I've Been Given.

Cheers,
Lizzie

5 comments:

thehomespunheart said...

What a great box! I'm so glad you had fun participating in the swap and joining in the Cozy fun! :)

*carrie* said...

Lizzie,

I enjoyed seeing all your swap goodies. You just stretched the cozy fun a bit longer! =)

I'll send an e-mail to all the cozy participants with a link to the swap post, letting them know it's been updated. Will take care of that later today.

Jthemilker said...

So glad you love the candle. I love her candles too and it will burn to nothing and then you just rinse the jar with hot soapy water. Debbie's sister was a co-worker of mine and I have enjoyed so many goodies from her hand-made stash. If you want more, let me know if you can't get her to ship and I'll get them to you. Enjoy all the lovlies!!! Merry Cozy Christmas to you!!!!

Jthemilker said...

p.s. That's not a moose. That's an elk. :)

Lizzie said...

Elk, moose...it's got antlers hasn't it??? LOL

Cheers,
Lizzie

Related Posts with Thumbnails