Saturday, March 31, 2007

A Wee Little Problem

(Miss Moo at age 2, munching on some Subway - she's now 5)


I woke up this morning to find Miss Moo standing on my head.

She was trying to climb over me to snuggle, but slipped. Mid-manoeuvre, she realised she needed to go to the toilet and jumped down, asking if she could use the ensuite bathroom (as a general rule we keep this for Mummy and Daddy's use only). I murmured a 'sure' from where I was rubbing my head. Our ensuite door is a little stiff and when she couldn't turn it immediately, she panicked. When she panics, her muscles relax.

End result: Wee on floor. What a way to wake up!

I strip her off and put her in our shower, then drag out the mop and clean up. I thank (once again) the previous owners of this house for their obviously superior flooring choice (our master bedroom has floating floorboards - the only bedroom that doesn't have carpet) and as I'm coming back from the laundry room after putting the mop away, I hear her sweet little voice singing away in the shower.

Awwww, I thought. Just as off-key as Mummy. That's my girl!

The song she was singing?

"Skip to the lou my darling."

Cheers,
Lizzie

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails