Friday, March 30, 2007

Kneading It


That's it...I'm going to do it!

I'm going to bake bread today. Why? Well its a bit cold and blustery where I am at the moment and I feel like getting all 'country mama'.

Speaking of breads, 'my' new Pizza Dough recipe comes very gratefully from Mrs Catherine. I've tried making pizza dough before, with little success...until I found this recipe. It has worked every time and the kids think I'm a genius. I, of course, do not disagree :P

I need to begin making an effort with meal planning again. Several weeks ago I made up an eight-week menu plan that was going really well, but I've sort of coasted for the last week and a bit. Grocery spending is way above what I would like it to be, too. I've been tracking our finances extensively over March (ala The Spreadsheet Queen *grin*) so that should shine a light on various things to address. But groceries are always the biggest money drain for us (after the fixed expenses) and I'd really like to pare this back to a reasonable level again. We're eating far too many commercial snackfoods and a few more dinners than I'd like contain frozen or convenience foods. There's always room for improvement :)

Cheers,
Lizzie

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails