Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Works For Me Wednesday # 1

This is my first WFMW post :) I'll start off really small with this very obvious idea, LOL.


My kids love to draw, but at one point we had a large tub of jumbled crayons, pencils and markers and the kids were always complaining they needed such-and-such special pencil because none of the fourteen thousand other pencils were exactly right for the job at hand :)


I went into a local discount store (dollar store) and bought a four drawer organizer. It stands about 45cm (18 inches) tall and obviously as deep as a regular pencil or marker. The drawers come completely out so the kids just slip the one with the pencils, or the crayons out and carry it to the table, then return it when they're done. The extra drawer holds the 'other' bits - tape, sharpeners, erasers, small rulers etc. When I first saw it, it was a bit plain so I bought a sheet of interesting stickers and did a bit of decorating :)

It has cut down on the drawing clutter considerably :)

(For more Works For Me Wednesday ideas, swing over to Rocks in my Dryer)

Cheers,
Lizzie

3 comments:

mistihollrah said...

I like this idea! I have the perfect spot to incorporate one of these into our home! Currently, I use a rubbermaid box to house all of the items-they aren't separated out so the kids have to dig around for what they need.

Thanks for sharing!

HappyChyck said...

Great idea. My kids each have their own pencil cases, but somehow over time, one of the kids has lost some of his pencils and crayons, so he's always need to borrow his sister's. And you know how that goes...I suppose the communal tray would work better.

Herring, Party of Six said...

We have a smaller, 3-drawer table-top version of this & it's amazing how it helps with the crafty clutter! Great idea & I love the stickers you added!

Related Posts with Thumbnails