Monday, June 25, 2007

Menu Plan Monday - June 25



From here on out, I've decided to change my 'menu week' from Tuesdays through to Mondays instead of the traditional Mon-Sun. I'm still posting my weekly menu on Mondays, but the reason I've changed it is to bring it in line with the May Day Weight Loss Challenge, which starts its new week every Tuesday. Everything else remains the same, including the "If It's Monday, It's Spaghetti" aspect.

I've been doing the Challenge (for info, see the right sidebar, under the Challenge button) for seven weeks now and despite revving up my walking to bizarre heights my weight has steadily increased due to a horrible diet. So I'm killing two birds with the one stone - my Menu Plan Monday posts will at least TRY to have a healthier feel :) I'm calorie counting from tomorrow (Tuesday) and though the meals listed below might not be perfect, I'll modify them to suit my calorie limit (which is 1400 in case anyone is playing at home!) as I go along.

Tuesday ~ Asian Style Chicken Salad (plus maybe an additional side dish for the Hubs/kids)
Wednesday ~ Sausages (mashed potato, carrots, corn, gravy)
Thursday ~ Beef Fajitas
Friday
~ Vegetable Bake (basically this recipe but with added vegies - served as main dish for me and side dish for the others with steak)
Saturday ~ Cheat's Roasted Chicken (baked herbed chicken breast fillets, vegies, baked potato)
Sunday ~ Tomato & Vegetable Soup (plus toasted sandwiches for the others)
Monday ~ Lasagna (low fat variety for me, wedges for the others, with leftover Vegetable Bake)

The rest of the week is filled with meals that are far healthier than anything else I've been making for myself in recent weeks! Either soup or sandwiches for lunch (mmm, hot soup on a cold winter's day...) and toast or cereal for breakfast. One thing I am going to work on this coming week, in regards to the May Day Weight Loss Challenge, is my snacking. I've planned the rest of the menu to include more fruit, but also the occasional treat. Each night after dinner there's a hot chocolate (low fat of course!) and a low fat dessert of some description - chocolate mousse, small choc icecream, and so on.

Hopefully at the end of Week 8 of the Challenge I'll have good news to report!

Cheers,
Lizzie

4 comments:

Annie said...

Happy Monday!
Your menu looks delicious!
♥♥♥♥
annie
My Life as Annie!

And Miles To Go... said...

everything sounds so good!! Have a wonderful week.

Renee said...

Sounds great! Have a wonderful week.

Lori ~ The Simple Life at Home said...

Not regarding your menus (which look yummy!) but I just wanted to say congrats on hitting the 100 mile mark! That's a huge accomplishment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails