Sunday, April 15, 2007

Love & Gratitude


A list of things I love or am grateful for. Just because.
  • My husband, for being the person who holds me up, and the man who lays me down.
  • My children, for re-inforcing every day that no matter what else I might do in my life, I've 'arrived'.
  • Good health, because the four most important people in my life need a mum who fires on all cylinders.
  • Eight solid hours of sleep. Last seen, 1997. (One day I'll see you again my friend...LOL)
  • Life experience, without which I'd never be able to cope with the day-to-day stuff.
  • Enough food so that I might never feel true hunger.
  • Being able to forgive.
  • Education - for myself, for my children.
  • To live in a free country.
  • Toilet trained children!
  • Good friends.
  • Family I can count on.
  • My dishwasher (do you think I'm joking? LOL)
  • Afternoons to myself.
  • Being able to pee with the door shut for the first time in nine years.
  • Discovering that yes, there is one last roll of toilet paper on hand.
  • Having enough milk leftover for my morning cup of tea.
  • Romantic movies.
  • Snuggles with hubby (in all their forms!)
  • Fresh cut flowers.
  • My engagement and wedding rings - what they represent is worth more to me than the materials they are made from.
  • The realisation that my parents didn't know everything.
  • The further realisation that I also don't know everything...and that's okay.

You know those moods you sometimes get in where you just feel warm and insightful? That's where I am tonight. Hubby goes on annual leave for three weeks beginning tomorrow, and it's the school holidays so there are plenty of family days stretching out in front of us.

And the best part? I finished sorting the laundry out. Two loads down, forty-three to go...

Cheers,
Lizzie

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails