Friday, April 6, 2007

Country Decorating


A couple of months ago, on one of my many internet wanderings, I came across HGTV's Dream Home for 2007. I came this close to swooning. It's pretty much what I consider my own dream home. That is, if I was mayor of Fantasy Land, LOL.

Our actual house (back in the real world) is a standard suburban family home with four bedrooms, two bathrooms and a modest backyard. We fell in love with it instantly, but we were panicking over putting in an offer because the previous owners had specified a 'price window' that spanned $20k and their minimum in that window was our maximum. We had no room to move on that offer either, but we put it in anyway and hoped for the best. Our offer was accepted within about four hours. We stood there shaking our heads at each other - how on earth did we manage that?

I'm still in love with the house, but after having lived in it for nearly two years now, there are some personal touches I'd like to add. We purposely sought out a house that didn't require renovation or any 'add-ons' like new paint or carpet, because we knew when we were saddled with a mortgage for the first time in our lives, we probably weren't going to be able to afford to spruce up.

I'd love to deck the place out in full country style, from the furnishings and linens, to the pictures that hang on the wall, but I married a much more, um, contemporary person than I am (LOL) and he's a little hesitant! I did, however, buy myself a five-subject notebook that I'm going to use as a 'decorating folder' to cut and paste in pictures from magazines. There are some really lovely ideas floating around cyberspace too. If I ever get around to actually attempting such things, I'll take photos and post about it :)

Cheers,
Lizzie

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails