Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Thank You Thank You Thank You...

...sweet, sweet drug companies for deciding to make decongestants in tablet form. I am drugged up and waiting for relief as I type. Any minute now would be awesome. I'll be right here. No pressure or anything.

My muscle soreness seems to have diminished a little today and I've developed a nifty way of coughing that seems to bypass my throat completely (I am very clever - you can book me for pox parties), minimising the rawness there. Swallowing is easier, but my tastebuds are still completely dead. And as a cruel, cruel twist of fate, my appetite dwindled to nothing over the weekend and in three days I lost 4 kgs (almost 9 lbs) . My body went through cold turkey detox promoted by lots and lots of iced water (good for throat and heatwave) so I guess its hardly surprising but also a little annoying to know that weight will snap back onto my thighs faster than I can blink once I get rid of the lurgies.

I watched three movies yesterday, two while lying prone on the couch while Talented Hubby was at work and the kids were in school. Sunshine wasn't worth the film used to record it but A Mighty Heart was a little meatier. Not the happiest endings in either film really, which made last night's television screening of The Devil Wears Prada far more palatable.

I am so tragic.

More soon...

5 comments:

River said...

Oooh I hate you! In this heatwave I've been eating about 20% of my usual intake, for over a week now. Have I lost any weight? NO. not even so much as half a pound. To top it off, I'm puffy from the heat so my work pants are even tighter around the waist and quite uncomfortable.

Lizzie said...

I will trade you this bronchial THING in a heartbeat.

Sarah said...

i had a terrible sore throat once.. like hurts to breathe let alone swallow kinda sore.. ate about 2 packets of instant pasta all week, and probably only drank about 2L in the same time period. lost 5 kg. and of course it happened when i was already skinny. if it happened now i doubt id lose anything. grr.

curious about the throatless cough. that would be handy.

Lizzie said...

Ha! Yes it would, wouldn't it. In reality my throat is probably so numb on the inside now I've probably flayed off a whole layer of oesophagus and not even realised it.

Been taking tablet decongestants today - woot, no liquid - but so far no magical switch to get rid of the elephant sitting on my chest.

Had a 'moment' tonight where I kind of broke down, had a coughing fit that wouldn't end, them my nose clogged up during that so I couldn't breath properly so every cough and its resulting pressure was like those medical makeover shows where someone has a nose job and they get that little icepick/hammer thingy out and tap tap tap away at someone nasal bone. I lost it, ended up a blubbering mess. Poor DH, he didn't know quite what to do, LOL.

River said...

Do you have any herbal teas? I've read that peppermint tea (not spearmint)with a little honey for sweetening, helps to release mucus for easier expulsion. A cup or two a day might be worth a try. And the old fashioned steam inhalation works a treat too. Use an old bowl that you no longer use for mixing or baking, dissolve a tablespoonful of Vicks Vaporub in near boiling water and breathe in the steam. Twice a day. Once you start to feel better boost your immunity with extra vitamin c and some cod liver oil capsules. Apple cider vinegar with honey by the teaspoonful or mixed with hot water as a tea is good too. (One cup of honey mixed with 2-3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar, take a teaspoonful at night).

Related Posts with Thumbnails