Saturday, February 7, 2009

(Hopefully) Short Blogging Hiatus

I think I'm about as sick as I've ever been, and I mean that honestly. I am not living, I'm merely existing this week. The antibiotics are (thus far) not the magic pills they were intended to be and so I'm still having all sorts of problems with coughing and breathing, to the point where, if things haven't improved within about 36 hours, I'm going to re-visit my doctor first thing Monday morning and ask for more intensive treatment. I would not be adverse to spending a night or two in hospital if it licks this blasted thing once and for all.

CAN. NOT. TAKE. IT. ANYMORE.

Until I can breathe again, I'm signing out, pretty much. I might pop back in a few days but I'm thinking this might end up being a minimum week-long absence.

But on the bright side? THE HEATWAVE IS BREAKING. Good lordy, it took its sweet time...

4 comments:

River said...

Don't wait until Monday. If the antibiotics aren't working and you're having so much trouble breathing, head to the hospital. Call your doctor and tell him you're going in.

River said...

Are you feeling any better yet?

Lizzie said...

Have been feeling decidedly ordinary since I last posted, with a marginal improvement just today. I returned to the doctor (because I couldn't cope) on Tuesday and he prescribed a second set of antibiotics. I'm to finish the first set along with the second. Doc said if the first wasn't working the second would. I was far less achey and had a little more energy today, and didn't lose a lung doing the school run BUT I'm still coughing. Appetite is slowly returning, along with the darn kilos I lost!!! I am a SUPERB capsule taker now, at the end of it all I'll have taken 67 of the little suckers....

I'll do a proper post in a day or two...

Mrs Jelly said...

You sound like you have it way worse than me and I've been pretty bad!
It's so boring being ill!
Hope you feel better soon
xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails