Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A Week Of Lunches ~ Tuesday


On The Menu Today
The “Monster Redemption Wrap”

Oh, the picture does not do this one justice (not the least of which is because the whiteness is overwhelming - I have limited Photoshop knowledge folks!) I crammed so much stuff in this baby the lavash barely met in the middle. YUM.

We have: a wholemeal lavash rectangle thingy, smidgeon of light margarine, lettuce, low-fat smoked chicken deli meat (expensive…gulp), two different kinds of sprouts (they came in a trio pack), carrot, beetroot, semi-dried tomatoes (I was splurging, ‘kay?), leftover grape tomatoes from yesterday and a couple of dollops of salsa. And one big ol’ glass of water.

Now, the story behind the name…

Yesterday I rocked this healthy eating thing until about 4pm then went downhill faster than an Olympic luge athlete (I was going to type in ‘luger’ there but had the presence of mind to check the dictionary. Did you know Luger is a German brand of automatic pistol? Me neither. Although, perhaps an appropriate metaphor in this case anyway? LOL) I totally cave when the afternoon hungries hit. I think I’m going to have to start allocating two snacks - one when the kids have their after-school snack just before 4pm and another around 5 or 5:30 when I’m preparing dinner. Carrot sticks or somesuch. Anyhoo, once I started I could not stop, and then I managed to drop a full (plastic) jug of cordial all over the kitchen floor right as I was about to serve up my dinner (the others had already been fed). It took me almost an hour to seek out all the cordial drips, wipe them up and then uber-mop the floor. Though not traditionally the season for ants here at the moment, we know they’d be all over everything in a heartbeat if I missed a spot. Some of the cordial went under the dishwasher (sigh) so I had to douse the area where that met the tiles in surface spray. I hate ants with a passion. Auggh.

After that, I couldn’t be bothered making anything so I snacked again and continued to do so most of the evening. Big, BIG mistake. All brownie points I earned prior to 4pm were obliterated. Hence the name of today’s lunch, LOL. I will say though, the wrap was DELICIOUS. Messy, but oh-so-yummy. Kind of like eating your favourite burger in the whole world which you continue to do so even though you know your hands and forearms are going to get covered in burger juice by the end. And filling too. I’ve eaten more vegies in the last two days than in the week preceding, I think. Perhaps a little light on the protein today - but I’d love to try this again with ‘real’ chicken.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails