Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Gentle Hum Of The Dishwasher Is Oddly Hypnotic

I should be sleeping. It’s the time of the night that is still in the realm of ‘late’ but verging on ‘early’, and I’ve got to get up at some ridiculous hour tomorrow (today?) to get the Piglets off to school. Did I mention Master J gets picked up at 7:40?

I am not a morning person. I crave sleep with the fierceness of a thousand blazing suns and if you’re the type of person who bounds awake at the first sound of the alarm, then you and I have to have a little talk because this is CLEARLY IRRATIONAL BEHAVIOR. Hands up - who’s seen The Spiderwick Chronicles? I’m the cute little brownie fellow who turns into a great big ugly green goblin/troll/whatever that was if you get him (her) angry. Except to placate me, forget the honey - just give me back the blankets and wake me next Thursday.

(If you haven’t seen Spiderwick this last bit will have made no sense whatsoever, LOL)

Knowing my allergy to the morning hours, you would think I would minimise the harshness of having to get up on school days by going to bed early the night before. Um yeah. That’s totally what I do.

(*tumbleweed rolls across the ground*)

In reality, I potter around, doing this and that, watching some late night TV, blogging, prepping the kids’ school uniforms and pre-making lunches. I should really do these things much earlier but my brain just never seems to kick into gear until after 10:30 at night. My perpetual yet lofty black-belt level aim is to be in bed by 11pm each night but I think the last time I managed this was back in 2005 after an evening of food poisoning.

Must. Follow. Routines!

I’m not even going to tell you what the time is right this second, except to say I think I passed over the ‘early’ threshold about fourteen minutes ago. Sigh.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails