Monday, May 26, 2008

A Week Of Lunches ~ Monday


I’m not eating very well at present. In an effort to combat this, and probably because I’m in a silly sort of mood today, I’ve decided to post pictures of my lunches for one week. Discuss, suggest…heck, even mock my choices. I’m ready. Sock it to me.

On The Menu Today:
The “I’m Starting The Week Healthy If It Kills Me” Salad Plate

We have two hard boiled eggs, some beetroot, lettuce, halved grape tomatoes, carrot sticks, salsa and a grainy bread roll. AND I did even better, only inhaling the heel of the roll (yay me!) Oh, and I put a little reduced-fat margarine on it, splooshed a smidgeon of fat free Italian dressing on the salad and poured myself a glass of weak-ish diet cordial.

I tried to make a concious effort to conform to that whole ‘half a plate of vegetables, quarter protein, quarter wholegrains’ deal. I think I did pretty darn well. This was an enormous plate of food but as I’m sitting here with a full belly I can tell I hit the right ratio. I’m satisfied but not bustin’ out of my jeans. Always a good thing.

I can’t guarantee I’ll keep this level up all week mind you! I have Errands Day planned for Friday which usually means the food court. The photo on that day is likely to be pretty pathetic because I’ll only have my phone’s camera to play around with :)

So what’s a typical lunch for you guys? What’s your ideal ‘healthy’ lunch?

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails