Thursday, July 5, 2007

Randomness


Howdy all! Yep, still here, still madly scrambling to finish assignments. I should have another two done by the time I go to bed tonight which leaves just 4. With a moderate amount of luck (and many chocolate biscuits/cups of hot tea) I am hoping to have them all done by next Friday. I may have to take that last one with us on holiday but it shoudn't be too painful - we have two nights in a beachside cabin before our stay with relatives and I doubt there'll be much else to do once the kids are in bed. Of course we would have to be planning this trip right in the middle of winter (when swimming is out of the question), LOL.

I have so much I want to get stuck into as soon as these dang assignments are out of the way!

* I obviously need to revisit the whole 'time management issue' so will go over Candy's Home Management Binder University posts (see her left sidebar for other posts in the series). Clear out the unecessary papers from my HMB and so on.

* A big project on the cards is to clean out the fourth bedroom so that Boofah can finally have his own room. He's been sharing with his sister for the last few years and really needs some space of his own. We've been using that bedroom for a home gym/junk room and I kid you not when I say it is wall to wall JUNK. I'm going to have to do a 'before' and 'after' series of photos I think.

* Hubs and I were in Ikea the other day looking for frames for his photographic exhibition next year. We saw some neat bunks that have a desk underneath and are considering something similar for the boys. Our kids' rooms are quite small and a bed, desk and maybe a small shelf is about all that will fit in there, so we were thinking of doing something to save space. Failing that idea, some very simple cheap desks will suffice for now.

* I want to really knuckle down and get my Routines stuck as habits.

* Speaking of habits, I haven't walked in over a week and you may have noticed I didn't do a May Day Challenge weigh in this week either. I've been thinking about this. The walking is something I'll pick up as soon as I'm over this crazy slump of mine, but I just don't think I have the energy to be actively engaged in weight loss at the moment. I keep saying each week on Tuesday weigh-in that I'll 'do the diet thing' this week and so on, and I never get around to it. I've come to the conclusion that at the very least I won't be in a position to devote extra time to that sort of thing until at least when we return from our holiday in a couple of weeks. By that stage I'll have finished the crazy studying schedule and can start to think about other things. I may not immediately switch to 'diet mode' right then either...I may give myself a few weeks to concentrate on the home front, which is hanging on by a very thin thread at the moment. The whole house needs serious attention so as soon as I can stop thinking about storylines and advertising jingles (ie, my course!) I know I'm going to feel energised enough to jump in and go nuts with the (mid-winter) cleaning.

* I found an awesome cookbook in the store the other day. I almost bought it - and probably would have if Hubs wasn't there saying "Another recipe book? Can't you find those recipes online?" (well yes I can Hon, but that's not the point, LOL). It's called Old-Fashioned Favourites and for my Aussie readers, its a Women's Weekly cookbook. You know how normally when you pick up a cookbook you flick through it and find three, four, maybe five recipes you know you'll make over and over? Well in the entire book I only found two or three recipes I wouldn't make. Those are fantastic odds! It's a baking book rather than a dinner meals book but it has the good ol' favourites like basic cakes, cookies, slices, apple pie, and so on. I could find those recipes online but this cookbook puts it all together for me, LOL. I almost never buy cookbooks (can't remember the last time actually) but I'm probably going to pick this one up.

* I DESPERATELY need to put Lizzie's Inaugural Chick Flick Festival into motion, LOL. One of my favourite things to do is curl up with a hot cup of tea or hot chocolate and watch a film that Hubs wouldn't sit down and watch with me. I wait for a night when he's working, swing by Blockbuster and stock up on romantic comedies. Then I snuggle under a quilt and watch away :) I haven't had one of those in ages. Somewhere in amongst all that I'm also going to throw in a MDO (Mum's Day Off) and see a brand new film in the cinema, something else I really enjoy but don't get to do very often. Yes, I quite enjoy watching movies, LOL.

P.S. Today is Boofah's 7th birthday. Of all the things he could have had, he requested Tacos ("with the hard shells Mummy") and chocolate pudding with icecream for dessert, LOL (we've got a family day planned for next Monday with his cousins which will include bowling and McDonald's for lunch). He is such a little boy. From us he got a Leapfrog talking globe whatsit - they've been around for a while but we could never in a million years justify the $200 price tag. Then a couple of weeks ago we saw a couple on a markdown table for $50. That was in our price range so lucky boy got one. Plus a couple of smaller presents (books and dominos). He's had a great day :)

Cheers,
Lizzie

1 comments:

A Juggling Mum said...

Happy Birthday to Boofah :) I hope he had a good day today and a great day on Monday :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails