Sunday, July 29, 2007

Has It Come To This Already?

I put this sign up on my laptop's desktop today. When one has to REMIND THEMSELVES that a whole universe exists outside of Bloggityville, then its a pretty safe bet they're spending far too much time reading blogs!

Oh, you may scoff - and Hubs probably will when he next turns on the laptop, LOL - but I figured it was the electronic equivalent of a Post-It note stuck to my screen!

I already have a 1 ½ hour study window pencilled in each weekday. I'm going to get strict on myself. If whatever I'm working on that day doesn't need the computer, then it doesn't go on during the day at all. If I maybe need to do a little word-processing, fine, but no Internet. Occasionally I will need to check up on facts, research online and so forth, so the idea is to get in and out of cyberspace as quickly as possible.

I have Mum's Down Time as a permanent feature of our evenings. The kids go to bed at 8:30 and I have a two hour window in which to enjoy TV, or (hopefully soon!) craft, or surf the net. That's okay, but if I do log on, I'll set the timer. It is amazing how fast time flies when you're following a Linky Brick Road, LOL. An hour zips by so fast.

So most of my personal internet wanderings (including emails, groups, blogging and general surfing) will be restricted to this evening slot, and the daytime window available only if needed for study. I need to start thinking of my time at home in terms of an actual job. It's too easy to flick the computer switch when you sit down with a cup of tea, or while you're waiting for the roast to finish up. No, no, no! Bad Lizzie, LOL! There are so many other things that need my concentration at home and its about time I dealt with that before wasting (any more) time online.

Cheers,
Lizzie

1 comments:

Lori ~ The Simple Life at Home said...

Oh, I so could use this on my computer as well! What a great idea. I find myself spending WAY too much time reading blogs. Good idea. And, touching on your site meter post, I use BraveNet and have the same problem with it suddenly counting my own hits. So can't help you there!

Related Posts with Thumbnails