Wednesday, July 4, 2007

The Header Question


I have a quick bloggy-favour to ask of anyone with HTML knowledge. I want to centre the blog header so that it lies directly above this (middle) column and for the life of me I can't find out how to do it, even with the online tutorials. I don't know if this makes it more difficult, but this template was changed to a 3-column format near to the beginning of Lizzie's Home and perhaps that affects how things align with the header? I haven't found any tutorials online to deal with headers on a (changed from original template) 3-column thing. I think I'm just going to have to ask someone directly.

So, if you can help, give me a quick email. And I'll have to think of some way to repay you!

Cheers,
Lizzie

5 comments:

Cordy said...

Hmm....go to the 'settings' page. Before your blog title, put 'less than sign' and the word center and then the 'greater than' sign with a slash and the word center afterwards. See if that'll do it. It should MOVE it, nonetheless. Like when you do links.

Lizzie said...

I did that, only in the Blog Title field it doesn't allow those symbols. I'll have a go at doing it in the "blog description" field, LOL.

Cheers,
Lizzie

Lizzie said...

Okay, I did it. Used my dummy blog (aptly named The Punching Bag, LOL) and just fiddled with the HTML until something changed.

Now to design a banner header...will get Hubs (resident Photoshop Wiz) to help me with that one.

Cheers,
Lizzie

Scattered Mom said...

Lolol Lizzie,

Sorry that I'm late coming in...not that I know much html to help you, but I think I knew how to do that. :)

It's a great idea to have a dummy blog to practise on. Or, you can sign out some books on html from your local library. Ya, like you have the time to do that! HA!

Cordy said...

Hmm...I know a leetle bit on html...and have HTML 4 for Dummies, but...I only learned what I can do from viewing page sources!! Like learning crochet...books and pics do NOTHING for the way I learn! I am not sure whether I will blog or just have a nice time commenting on y'all's sites. I am a christian and have enjoyed this blog for about 2 weeks! ;o).

Related Posts with Thumbnails