Friday, July 24, 2009

Blog Hop '09 - Because An Airfare to BlogHer From Australia Might Be Pushing Things



Hi! Welcome to Lizzie's Home! This is a last minute post to join in Blog Hop '09 so pardon the dust; I'm just now (literally this hour!) uploading a new template so hopefully that won't go pear shaped and totally mess everything up for my new visitors :)

So, here's me in a nutshell: SAHM to three, wife to one, Australian, sometimes crafter and baker, and special needs advocate :) Our eldest, Jay (10), is autistic, a situation which brings about it's own unique challenges and blessings :) Middle child, Boof (just turned 9) is our Little Professor and loves anything science and math-related. Miss Moo (7) is my 'mini me' in just about every regard, including having a penchant for sleeping later than she should.

To get a feel for what is important to me, take a look-see at this collection of posts:

The Mama Bear Files - Index

Those are a collection of posts I've done on special needs parenting. Or, you could scan my archives - I've been blogging since March 2007 so there might be a gem or two hidden in there somewhere :)

My other interests? Big proponent of the Household Notebook/Home Management Binder, price books, menu planning, and other assorted domestic arts. Talented Hubby (sometimes referred to as, funnily enough, TH) works in an incredibly stressful environment as his 'day job' (actually shiftwork) but takes photographs in his 'spare' time. You can see some of his work here.

Hope to see some of you back here in the next few weeks - comment liberally! I get notified of new comments even on older posts so don't hesitate to ask questions.

Looking forward to returning the visit!

21 comments:

Shelly @ Life on the Wild Side said...

Great to meet you, Lizzie. I love your blog design--too cute!

Lizzie (admin) said...

Hi Shelly!

Things are going to be tweaked a little today and tomorrow, but the basic design will be very similar :)

Swingin' by your place now!

PJ said...

I can definitely see where Blogher airfare from the land "down under" might be a bit difficult ...! Cute blog - looking forward to reading more! Nice to meet you on the Bloghop!

@doublelattemama
http://www.doublelattemama.com

Krafty Christy said...

I'm stopping by from Blog Hop. I've always wanted to visit Australia! I'm so glad to have found your blog and can't wait to get back to it!

Holly at Tropic of Mom said...

Nice to meet you! Love the look of your blog. And yeah, flying to Chicago from Australia might be bit much!

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

Hopping over from the BlogHop - nice to meet you!

knit1kids4 said...

Happy Blog Hop Day. I'll have to check out your ideas on price books... I've been thinking about doing that.

Beth@Not a Bow in Sight said...

Love the feel of your blog- so cute. I will be back...definitely :)

Stacie said...

It's nice to hear there is another special needs advocate out there. My son has autism and I help out others the best I can. Nice to meet you. Stopping by from the blog hop!

Tia @ Tia Saving Cents said...

Hi Lizzie! It is wonderful to meet you! I had the opportunity to visit your beautiful country years ago and it is my hope to one day take my family too. I am also the mom of a special needs son and I look forward to poking around your site and learning more about you! Happy Blog Hopping!!

ChristiS said...

Wonderful to meet you, Lizzie! I am a teacher, and I have a special place in my heart for any children on the Autism Spectrum! Hopefully we'll connect again soon!

Lola said...

I think I'd rather be in Australia than at BlogHer. But then I couldn't afford the BlogHer ticket prices (I live an hour away), let alone a flight to Australia.

Stopping by for BlogHop 09 and celebrating my birthday.

Hope you have a great weekend!

N. said...

Hi there! Niki from NJ here. Nice to "meet you"! I enjoyed checking out your blog.

:)

taysmommy said...

I'm blog hopping! Cute site! and no kidding airfare would be exspenive from Australia! :) I'll definetly be back!

would love for you to stop by an leave me a comment,http://taylorsmommy-taysmommy.blogspot.com/2009/07/top-10-reasons-i-am-excited-to-stay.html :)

Patois said...

Nice to meet you. I don't think I'd pop for the airfare either. Although the heat and humidity of Chicago in July....

Nice to meet you.

I am Harriet said...

My hubby is an Aussie too!

Just stopping by via the Blog Hop to say hello!
http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/07/blog-hopping-theres-lot-to-do-this.html

Mommies-Miracles said...

jumping on here from the blog hop, I love your layout and your post, it's nice to know you and I hope to see you over on my little blog as well!

Tiffany @ Lattes And Life said...

Yea, I can see why you may have to skip BlogHer. But shoot...living in Australia...or going to BlogHer....? I'd take Australia any day :-) Nice to meet you!!

Amy said...

Just found you through the bloghop. I am off to check out your Home Management binder. I could use a little management of this home (or a lot of it).

The Savvy Mama said...

I couldn't live without my household notebook! Nice to meet you! :)

sarasophia said...

So nice to meet you ma'am! Just found you through Blog Hop and can't wait to follow along with you!

I can so see how flying from Down Under might be difficult seeing as how it was impossible for me to afford to fly from Georgia!

Please come drop in and say hello as I would love to have a new blog buddy!

<3 sarasophia
tout-est-des-roses.blogspot.com

And any comments to my Top Ten post would be SO much appreciated! I am desperately trying to win a sponsorship contest by midnight tonight!! Thanks a million!

Related Posts with Thumbnails