Sunday, June 1, 2008

Cookies - Clearly In Their Own Food Group

(cookie photo)

Kate and I are officially on strained terms. Yesterday she posted this recipe which immediately made my little ears prick up because they’re cheap to make and hello? They have a whole tin of condensed milk in them. What’s not to love about that? I had to make those cookies straight away. Which made it very bad indeed to have to wait until this morning when the shops opened to pick up the necessary ingredients. Yes, I made a special trip to the store for chocolate chips. I am crazy like that. Originally I’d tacked these onto the end of my ‘Baking Day’ as part of this week’s ’stock the freezer’ hoopla but thought I’d get a head start today to try out the recipe.

In the end I divided the mixture into three portions. Chopped up Snickers were put on the tops of one batch, a bag of white chocolate chips was added to the second run and the third portion got milk chocolate chips and coconut. I baked batches 1 and 2 and rolled the latter into logs for the freezer. Here they are all packaged up:

(photo of dough logs)

If they don’t slice well on the flip side I’ll just rip chunks off and roll into balls.

The kids thought I was brilliant (”You’re putting Snickers bars on a COOKIE?!!”) which of course almost made up for the whining at Auskick (beginner level Australian Rules football training) this morning. Evidence that children like ‘em?

(Jay eating cookies)

The Cookie Monster ain’t got nothin’ on Master J…

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails