Monday, September 22, 2008

When A Movie And Some Rain Cause A Heart Attack

Living with Dotty McSpotterton has its moments, folks. Today was a good day - J and I were the only ones home and spent most of the morning curled up in front of the TV. Though I particularly wanted to take another journey to see Mr Darcy woo Elizabeth Bennet, I suspected from the get-go that a nearly-ten year old Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon lovin’ boy, sweet as he is, would probably want to rowf approximately twelve seconds in, so I restrained myself. Instead, we chose Evan Almighty.

I’m a fan of Steve Carell anyway, but most of the films he is in aren’t appropriate to watch with young kids. Evan Almighty was an exception - we all thoroughly enjoyed it the first time round, even Talented Hubby, whose taste is known to flow more toward the dubious side :)

So, there we were, my boy and I - kicking back and watchin’ us some Hollywood. We got to the scene where Evan turns up at breakfast in full Noah regalia - beard, robes, the works. The television in the background cuts to God (aka Morgan Freeman) giving Evan the heads up on the date and time of the flood - September 22nd, midday.

Well, I may be a bit slow on the uptake at the best of times, so it took me a few moments to work this out…

Me: “J!” That’s today!”
J: ”No way!”
Me: “Yes way!”
(*I glance over my shoulder at the clock*)
Me: “AND…it’s 12:00 midday!”
(J is, at this point, in absolute hysterics…and I look outside)
Me: “AND….it’s RAINING!”
(I couldn’t make this up if I tried!)
J can barely draw breath from laughing so hard.
Me: “What on earth are we going to do for a boat?!!!”

J just about exploded.

Oh, you should have seen the two of us! There we were, rolling around on the family room floor, tears coming out of our eyes from laughing so hard. We had to stop the movie so we could stop hyperventilating. J’s going to have so much fun retelling this story to Daddy later, LOL.

(And for the record, though we’d seen the movie before, I didn’t remember the date they mentioned before sitting down today - and it really is already September 22nd where I am! :)

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails