Thursday, May 7, 2009

Randomness. Yes, Again.

Tonight marks the second night we've spent as a 'two child family'. Jay has been on camp since yesterday morning and to say that we were a little apprehensive about letting him go would be putting it mildly.

This is Jay's second camp - for his first last year (Grade 4), Daddy went along, which erased our concern, and it was also just the one night, with this week's camp being two nights.

I'm such a mother hen sometimes, I know :)

There hasn't been a heck of a lot going on around here otherwise. Moo has had her swimming lessons every day this week (part of the school curriculum down here, for one week every year) which has meant a packed swimming bag every day - I'm kind of over that :P

Talented Hubby has been on annual leave, but he returns to work on Saturday. He's not looking foward to it, LOL.

A local fabric store in my area is changing premises and I was able to snaffle up some really great bargains when I went out shopping with a friend on Tuesday - all fabric was $1 per metre (some was quilting fabric upwards of $11 per metre), all ribbon spools (whether they had half a metre or fifteen metres on them) were 50c. I replenished the ribbon stash quite admirably with that. I walked out of the store with over $70 worth of gear, for $38, including five laundry sacks for $3 each that I would have had to make myself (and these ones are far prettier!). I love days like that.

As you might have guessed, I'm trying to work out what I want to do by way of a blog design here. At the moment I'm just using a basic Blogger template but I've got a couple of other designs in the works in case I get bored. What can I say? It happens with remarkable frequency :P

Something far more brainy tomorrow, I promise...

3 comments:

Sarah said...

i... i... i... why dont the spotlight of licraft near ME change premesis?? I WANT CHEAP FABRIC

Sarah said...

spotlight of lincraft? spotlight OR lincraft. please excuse.. weve been battling some nasty stomach bug and im now left with severe case of the dizzies

Lizzie (admin) said...

'Twas like Christmas, LOL. I know that's not what you want to hear, but hey...the truth hurts! LOL.

Related Posts with Thumbnails