Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Super Dooper Top Secret Stuff

Tomorrow is Talented Hubby’s birthday. Having reached the Big Three-Oh last year, this year sees him hitting the downward slide to forty, LOL - 31.

Ten years ago, I gave him a 4 week old son as a 21st birthday present. Try as I might, I just couldn’t get that immaculate conception thing going this time around to recreate the magic that was spawning his child at the tender age of just-past-nineteen. He’ll live. And will probably give me the candy and chocolates for not giving him a repeat heart attack.

Tonight I have working on part of his present. I won’t say what it is, so don’t ask. And not because I’m worried he’ll work it out by reading my blog because hello? He’s vastly unimpressed with the whole blogging wife scenario to be honest. Actually, even when he knows what it is, I don’t think I can mention it here on the blog. Get your mind out of the gutter! It’s not that! No, this thing has to do with his profession (which we like to keep under wraps in Bloggityville for security reasons) and involves an inside joke. So really, it wouldn’t have made a lick of sense to any of you anyway. You’re welcome.

Tomorrow is a seriously massive day actually. Of course TH’s birthday shines front and centre but then there’s an excursion for First Heart Attack (aka, Master J) during the day and Boof and Moo’s school’s Christmas concert in the evening. J is going to a Christmas lunch/party put on by the Variety Club, a children’s charity. This particular party is held every year for special needs kids and is just wonderful (Aussies: Donate to the Variety Club. My son thanks you).

This week sees us launch into the busiest two weeks of the entire school year by far. We’re in the last of our school year before a 6 week break (school resumes in the last week of January for the new school year). EVERY SINGLE DAY has four or five tasks or events going on specific to this time of the year - it is utter chaos Next week, I have to bring a plate of morning tea to two separate class events Moo is involved with - on consecutive days. Guess what I’ll be doing on the weekend? And I just worked out I have just TWENTY shopping days left (we’re travelling). EEEK!

On a pleasant note - I have two new shows to watch this summer. We get all sorts of US television programs in weird convoluted timeframes - and summer, when the ratings season has ended and the networks are looking to fill spots or to try out shows they’re not sure will take off down here, usually sees an influx. Last night I watched Army Wives and tonight it was Eli Stone. Can see myself getting right into the last one although the opening story about the MMR vaccine causing a little boy’s autism kiiiind of grated just a little. Just a little bug bear of mine. Apart from that, a good show. Although, I do have George Michael’s “Faith” running through my head on a loop…grrr…

And on that note, I’m off to throw together a batch of brownies. I am SO looking foward to the slower days of summer!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails