Thursday, December 18, 2008

Guitar Hero Hilarity

Because we’ll be travelling this silly season, we gave the kids one of their major Christmas presents early. Have you seen the size of the Guitar Hero World Tour Complete Band Set box? Gi-gan-ta-nor-mous. As it was we were going to struggle fitting all the children and the luggage in so we had to make a decision. Leave a child and take the game, or open the game now and squeeze the child in. Hmmm - tough choice, LOL.

All three Piglets had put this on their list. Normally we would not go for something as expensive - and never for an individual’s gift - but with the amount of time Talented Hubby devotes to this particular game franchise we knew we’d get our money’s worth as a family.

As predicted, they have all become totally engrossed. We’ve had Guitar Hero II, and then III in the past but with the addition of a set of drums and a microphone with World Tour, everyone can have a turn at once. See what we did there? Purchased a game where nobody has to wait? That’s some good parenting right there folks!

But man, it is HILARIOUS to watch our children bang away on those instruments.

The guitar bit they can handle. The drums are taking a bit longer to master but that’s to be expected - they are my children after all, and I’m famously unco-ordinated (actually, I’m surprised any of them can work the guitar either, but I guess the influence of my DNA is overriden by Talented Hubby’s prominent “I am man, see me game!” genes, LOL). But its the effort at the microphone that makes TH and I continously snigger.

Oh, I shouldn’t say that, should I? LOL. No, my kids are awesome singers (giggle).

Master J works the ‘phone like he’s a contestant on Don’t Forget The Lyrics (one of his favourite shows), Boof’s just happy if he can get all the words out and Moo has taken one look at her brother’s efforts and dissolved into a puddle of shyness. I can’t blame her really. I’m waiting until school starts and TH’s back at work again and only then will I pick up the mic myself. Don’t laugh. You know you’d be dying to as well!

The thing with Guitar Hero is, it’s addictive. I sat down for one song (guitar only…did you not read the above paragraph? LOL) and walked away an hour later. It’s very hard not to get caught up when Bon Jovi’s Livin’ On A Prayer comes up on the playlist.

At $270 AUD it’s definitely NOT a cheap option. But we had a little extra this Christmas and instead of lots of smaller presents that have ‘big bang’ value for a couple of days but get overlooked thereafter, Guitar Hero has staying power.

Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have a jammin’ date with Mr Bon Jovi to attend.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails