Thursday, August 21, 2008

Today, In Lizzie's World

Did you know that it is indeed entirely possible to be so tired that the area around your eyes puffs up to Epic Bee Sting Proportions?

I actually had to check - no missed bee sting (and I’m not allergic to anything either). My face probably looks like my poor, befuddled brain feels after just three hours of sleep. I should have napped today. Stupid, stupid, stupid! Instead of depositing my weary body back in bed after the school run this morning I found myself stuck in the classroom helping tie strings to kites. Okay, so my manual dexterity isn’t all that crash-hot at the best of times, but throw in several extra waking hours and my fingers just would not work this morning. Then after that, I had to go to the supermarket. Lots of impulse buying, you can be sure. Came home. Pottered. Mostly I ignored the breakfast dishes. Decided I’d better take a nap before I collapsed but then, O Stupid Internet, you sucked me in. I checked my eleventy-six email addresses and found myself typing out a lengthy reply on a forum on the issue of private health insurance. Yeah, ’cause my head is totally in the right place for that discussion. Then I looked at the clock and watched it click over from ‘comfortable stretch of time in which to take a nap before I have to leave to get the kids’ to ‘Will half an hour do the job?’ to ‘Good grief woman! Sleep when you get to the school!’

Sigh. Sleep. It mocks me (Nothing whatsoever to do with the fact I stay up too late. No, not at all….)

My answer to all this fuzzy-headed blech-ness? SUGAR. Lots and lots of sugar.

The answer to the massive downward sugar spiral I’m bound to be enduring riiiiiiight about the time the kids walk in the front door?

Lots and lots of PARACETEMOL.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails