Sunday, April 27, 2008

It Felt Like Two Years

Tomorrow, the Piglets go back to school after 2 weeks of holidays. For those outside of Australia, our school year runs from late January through till around mid December and is broken up into four equal terms of around 10 weeks each. At the end of every term we have a 2 week break, and at the end of fourth term in December, the summer holidays are 6 weeks.

Anyhoo, the kids’ bags are packed, lunches have been premade (my single biggest timesaver for stress-free mornings) and I’m psyching myself up for another ten weeks of after school reader books, charts, show-and-tell, school excursions, lost canteen money, and rotten apples. This term Boofah and Miss Moo also have swimming lessons, run through the school (it’s part of the school curriculum in my state that where possible, 5 x 45-60 min swimming lessons at a local pool are run once per year. They do this over the course of one week. Some rural areas without ready access to a pool may be exempt though - I’m not entirely certain). Master J, the lucky thing, gets a weekly swimming lesson all the way through the year, as part of his special ed classroom’s curriculum. Which, I might add, is a completely brilliant program. That kid is part fish.

So I’m sitting here now twiddling my thumbs and waiting for the dryer to finish. After all, it wouldn’t be the night before a school day if I wasn’t running a load of something at 11 o’clock at night.

We have a busy week planned. Tomorrow is grocery shopping day. Usually this would not take long but I haven’t finished my menu yet so I’ll have to do that first, plus I’m hoping my sweet husband will take me on a mini drive to the butcher and fruit and veg shop. I don’t get to go there every week so I’m planning a stock-up.

Tuesday, after the Piglets are safe and sound in their classrooms, Talented Hubby and I are heading into the city where we’ll be swinging by a photography exhibition and also an iconic church. Okay, so it’s a cathedral, and our city is actually called ‘The City of Churches’ (although, I suspect the Vatican might have words to say on that one), but I’ve always wanted to have a sticky-beak in that place and have never had the opportunity until now. Hubs frequents a couple of photography websites and came across some awesome interior shots of the cathedral and got an itchin’ to duplicate (or, knowing Hubs, to better) the images. It seems that this isn’t as uncommon a request as we’d thought so depending on when it is convenient for the staff, Hubs will do his photog thing (it goes without saying that we would never impose on a service or take photos with anybody present). He’s really quite brilliant at it. No, not biased at all, LOL.

Wednesday is a potter-about-the-house kind of day and then Thursday I’ve scheduled an MDO (Mum’s Day Off) which will probably involve another trip into the city (this time for shopping of course!). Good Times.

Bloggityville Blood Drive 2008 is scheduled to start on Monday 5th May however so far it seems nobody is coming to the party! The needles really aren’t that big. Honest! If you are planning to have a go, leave a comment to this post so I know whether to put up the Mr Linky or not. If there doesn’t seem to be any takers, I may have to reschedule for later in the year. In a weird twist of fate it appears I cannot donate blood during my own blood drive. My last donation (whole blood) was in late March so the three months rule won’t be up until late June. I had hoped I might be able to give a platelet donation before then, but it doesn’t seem likely. This was always a possibility but I was always going to host the carnival anyway :)

Well, that’s the dryer done. Nighty-night Bloggityville!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails